Tuesday 21 June 2016

Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop - Entry # 3

I can't believe I've made so many 'coffee' themed cards in the last few days and even have another one on the go. Must be after seeing all the other entries for the Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop and being inspired by their creativity!!


Since the theme is 'Summer', I wanted to try and add some fruit into my design somewhere. I played around with all sorts of die-cuts and stamps, and in the end I decided to just add them directly to the coffee:



I stamped the cup, banana bunch and pineapple on to some white CS and coloured with pencils. I fussy cut them all out and then carefully cut a slot in the coffee part of the cup and pushed the fruit in. The cup was then popped up on some foam tape.


I stamped the sentiment and then realised it was missing something. I was searching through my dies looking for ideas and came across this frame left over from a card a few weeks ago. Perfect!! It has the colours of the sea which goes so perfectly with the fruit to give a 'tropical' feel. So I adhered it to the card along with some clear sequins and it was finished!!

The frame die is from Pretty Pink Posh, as well as the clear sequins. The sentiment is from My Favourite Things 'Hug in a Mug'. The coffee cup is from Waffle Flower 'Warm Wishes', as well as the pineapple and banana bunch from 'Willy and friends'. 

I have four other challenges I would like to enter:

Stamplorations CAS Challenge - June 


Addicted to CAS Challenge # 90 


Curtain Call Challenge 


Taylored Expressions - Share Joy Challenge # 40 


Think I might need to go on a hunt for some peanut M&M's...my eyes are getting very heavy but I need to make at least one card before I go to bed. And I don't even have an idea for the design yet. Chocolate can be very inspiring.....I hope.....

Take care
Shona
 

30 comments:

  1. Very pretty .. love the fruit in the cup... great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Love the fruit in the cup. Thank is for joining us at ATCAS and the summer hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy card...just too darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute CAS card, Shona! Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CAS and elegant...love the stitched frames.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. great coloring nice CAS design
    Thank you for your inspiration!!. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shonna, this is super adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! Love the added sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute with the fruit in the cup.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I had your mojo for creating coffee cards, mine seems to have wandered :( Simply LOVE this CAS beauty! The scalloped frame and tropical fruit inside the cup - perfect! Hugs Bev (Uniko) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the fruit in this cup! SO creative and perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun image, great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great CAS card. Love the inside scallops. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a great cup of cheer!
    Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic card Shona. Love that coffee cup filled with yummy fruits. Great coloring. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dreamy, delicate, gorgeous take on the Aloha challenge Shona. Perfect images and a super fun sentiment. Always love your classy CAS designs and thanks for playing along and sharing this week at ATCAS. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  17. Too cute :) Thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute! Love the fruit in the cup.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A big cup of cheer! Thanks for your card...

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL--love that you sent a cup of fruit! you clever thing, you!

    Toni
    Stamplorations CAS DT

    ReplyDelete