Sunday 19 June 2016

CAS-ual Fridays - Girl Friday - June

Hi everybody!! Its Sunday afternoon for me here in New Zealand but probably only half-way through the weekend for a lot of you on the other side of the world, so I hope your all having a fantastic weekend!!




Its my 'Girl Friday' day on the the CAS-ual Fridays blog and I have a black card for you with a wee bit of water-colouring too:


Its not very often I use a black card base but really wanted to make the water coloured pattern pop!!

I started off by stamping and heat embossing the 'Tin Roof' stamp set in white on a piece of water colour CS. I then used a wet brush and Distress Ink 'Picked Raspberry' to colour all the little dots and petals in the pattern. Once it had dried (I used my heat gun), I die-cut it using the larger of the 'Scallop Tag Fri-Dies' and also die-cut a paint chip in a dark pink colour too. I stuck them together with the pink tag showing underneath and then adhered to the card front.

The 'Smile' from the 'Smiling Fri-dies' was used on the same paint chip and also die-cut twice from white CS. These were all glued together to give it some dimension and then to the tag. The rest of the sentiment (from the 'Pretty Posies' stamp set) was stamped and heat embossed in white on a strip of black CS. This was glued straight to the tag along with some pink and gold sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.




 
I hope this has inspired you to do some creating of your own and if you like the look of any of these CAS-ual Fridays products, don't forget to use my special code to save yourself some money while you shop!!


Enjoy the rest of your weekend or if your on my side of the world, have a good evening and here's to a quick week at work!!

Take care
Shona
 

3 comments:

  1. boy, it sure does pop; thanx for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool with that Tin Cup stamp. And the colors are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool with that Tin Cup stamp. And the colors are amazing.

    ReplyDelete