Monday 13 June 2016

Waffle Flower Challenge - June

Hello there! Welcome to my inspiration post for the June Waffle Flower Challenge.


This is the challenge photo and colour combo for this months challenge. I just love these pastel colours and for those of you in the middle of Spring, this would definitely inspire some pretty floral cards.

I decided to go completely against the grain and not use flowers on my card. I wanted to use some images a bit differently and see if I could still capture all that pastel goodness:


I love these monkey's so much and they can be used for some many different theme's. I think it would be very hard to not make them cute!!

I used my mini-blending tool and some Distress Ink 'Peacock Feathers' to create a soft blue background. I then sprinkled some water over it and pressed lightly with a tissue to get the mottled effect. I then stamped the lotus leaf, monkey, her lei and flower on to some white CS and coloured with pencils. 

I used the matching die to die-cut the monkey and the lei/flower but it leaves some of the white CS around the outer edge which I didn't want with it being up against her body, so I fussy cut it off. I also fussy cut the leaf and added black pen around the cut edge.

The leaf was popped up on foam tape along with the monkey, who had the flowers adhered. I stamped the dragonflies and sentiment in black ink and added some sequins for a little sparkle.

All of the stamp images are from Waffle Flower. The lotus leaf, dragonflies and sentiment are from the 'Lotus' stamp set and the monkey, lei and flower from the 'Willy and friends' stamp set. I also used the 'Willy and Friends' matching die set. The clear sequin is from Pretty Pink Posh and the coloured from Neat and tangled.


You have until July 25th to link your projects to the Waffle Flower challenge, so that's plenty of time to get your Waffle Flower stash out and see what you can come up with. Look forward to seeing you in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

 

5 comments:

  1. You are so darn brilliant. This card uses those Waffle Flower stamps perfectly. Completely charming. I'm still smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so darn brilliant. This card uses those Waffle Flower stamps perfectly. Completely charming. I'm still smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Shona....this is as sweet and adorable as can be! I love your cutie pie monkey!!!

    ReplyDelete