Wednesday 1 June 2016

Happy Little Stampers - June CASE the Designer Challenge

Good morning everybody!! I can't believe its the 1st of June already, feels like Xmas was only a few weeks ago. I have no idea where the time has gone! It does mean though that its time for a new designer at Happy Little Stampers - CASE the Designer Challenge!!!


This month we are CASEing the wonderfully talented Rahmat of Cards and Cooking Corner. I've gotten to know Rahmat over the past few years and her cards always surprise and inspire me, so its fantastic to CASE one of her creations:

 
Isn't this gorgeous?!!!!! I love how she created the background (have never been able to master bokeh myself...) and that vellum flower and leaves are sensational!! You can be inspired by anything to do with Rahmat's card, maybe the colours, the circles, the flower. Its completely up to you. And the winner of this challenge will win a $15 gift voucher from Happy Little Stampers!!


I loved the layout of her card and the use of the silver/gray colouring in the background, so used that for my inspiration:


I haven't used these stamps for a while and wanted to use something different for my background, so pineapples seemed like the perfect idea!

I randomly stamped the pineapple in grey ink across the card front. I then stamped the monkey, her skirt, flower and a pineapple on some white CS and coloured with pencils. After using the matching die-cuts to cut them out, I glued the flower and skirt on and popped the monkey up on foam tape. I adhered the pineapple over one of the stamped ones, stamped the sentiment and added some sequins for colour.

The stamps and dies are from Waffle Flower 'Willy and Friends'. The sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh.

You have all month to create something inspired by Rahmat's card. And the rest of the design team have some incredible projects on the blog to help you with ideas. I can't wait to see what you come up with in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

6 comments:

  1. Oh Shona, your cheeky little monkey is so sweet! Looks as if she's dreaming of those fabulous and sweet pineapples - in grey? PERFECTION!! I love visiting Rahmat and reading her yummy recipes! I would love to cook and play cards with her, wouldn't you? xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. This monkey looks as though she may be juggling those pineapples. Good choice for the background. You're right, Rahmat's card layout is perfect for CASEing. In any case, your card is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. This monkey looks as though she may be juggling those pineapples. Good choice for the background. You're right, Rahmat's card layout is perfect for CASEing. In any case, your card is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card Shona and I love that cheeky little monkey!Great CASE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your fabby card...all those wonderful pineapples and that adorable little monkey, so much fun Shona!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card Shona, you did an excellent job using the pineapple, and thank you so much for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete