Thursday 9 June 2016

Inspired by all the little things Challenge # 18

I was looking for something to do the other day that didn't require too much energy and thought some water colouring would be a good idea. That's when I came across the Inspired by all the little things challenge photo:


I thought the bright flowers against the navy dress was just stunning, so grabbed some floral stamps and distress inks, and off I went:



I really love the technique of stamping an image with Distress Ink and then using a wet brush to bring out the colour. So I stamped these flowers in 'Picked Raspberry' on some water colour CS and brought the colour in to the petals. I used 'Mustard Seed' to colour the middle of each flower and after drying I fussy cut them out. I don't have any green Distress Ink so for the leaves I coloured the stamp with my green Zig brush, stamped and then used the wet brush technique again to colour. These were also fussy cut out.

The navy dress in the photo is so beautiful and I wanted to try and capture the gathering in the material. I found this cool flower image and stamped in a ring on the card front in Navy. The two bottom pink flowers were adhered to the card and the top one popped up on foam tape. I stamped the sentiment in black and glued on some sequins in similar colours. Such a happy card!!

The gerbera flower stamp is from Winnie and Walter 'In Bloom: Addie's Garden', as well as the swirly flower and leaves from 'In Bloom: Lola's Bouquet with Joni Andaya'. The sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh and the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp 'Handwritten Sentiments'.

I'm going to link this to the AAA Card Challenge # 66 where their theme is:



Will also link to the Addicted to CAS Challenge # 89 where their theme is:


Time for me to go to bed. Max will be home again tomorrow. Not sure about Phoebe, she really wants to go to school but is still very clogged with a cold. She has a dentist appointment at 9.30am so will decide after that. Its supposed to be cold and rainy again tomorrow so looks like another good day for card making but hopefully Max and I can find a few movies to watch as well. I'm amazed he hasn't complained once about all the school he's missing. I'm sure he would love to be homeschooled!!!

Take care
Shona
 

11 comments:

  1. As stunning as always Shona - I can't help but swoon at your cards. So fresh, CAS and clever every time. Great to see you've linked this one up at AAA Cards and ATCAS this time. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful watercolouring. The fussy cutting doesn't really seem to fit the bill of something not requiring much energy! Hope your children are well again soon - it's that time of year when the winter bugs are making themselves felt all around the place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is beautiful! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Shona! I especially love how you used the blue flowers in the background - so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shona this is stunning, love the pink on the dark blue and rather than blue card stock the stamped image. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you've arranged the pink flowers into a posy with the navy swirls, very pretty! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card, Shonna! Gorgeous petals and fabulous design. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous design! Thank you for playing along with ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Shona. The pink berbers atop the navy cluster of flowers is brilliant. Your coloring is gorgeous as well. Thanks so much for joining us at AAA Cards for our watercolor challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I missed this one, as well. It's just gorgeous...that bouquet is beautifully colored and those swirls around it create the perfece background for them. Just saw you won Taheerah's MISTI giveaway. Yay! for you...you're going to love it!

    ReplyDelete