Thursday 9 June 2016

Honey I Shrunk the Kit # 6 - City Breaks

Finally I'm joining my 'honey' girls and showing my cards from our latest kit!! I'm feel absolutely awful that I wasn't able to post these on Saturday along with Sarah G, Sarah P, Sandie and Hazel. You may have heard we've had a lot of sickness in our house of late and I just wasn't well enough to get my cards and post ready. So, my sincere apologies girls!!! xxxx


For this kit we had Sandie as our hostess and she put together the most amazing bundle of papers, stamps and dies with a 'City Break' theme.


The contents were:
  
-Bus and taxi dies from 'X cut-Build a scene' Docrafts
-Eiffel tower and various of sentiments from 'city scene' die and stamps'  Papertrey Ink
-skyline, photo frame and postage stamp plus various sentiments  from FreshlySqueezed Stamps (no longer in business)
-globe stamp and various sentiment from 'love note' stamp set Avery Elle
-DSP metro and tube line-Finnish Craft shop
-love heart DSP (from Sandie's stash)
-globe die-Tim Holtz

I absolutely loved all the goodies, especially the globe die, so was able to put together three cards for you.
 

For this first card, I wanted to use this multi-text stamp image as the main part of the card. I cut it out, as well as a rectangle of black CS to use as a backing panel. I adhered them together and to the card front. To keep with the black/white theme I die-cut the 'hello' (from Winnie and Walter) twice from black CS, glued them together and then popped up on foam tape. I put the little black cab on some foam tape too, along with some gold sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

 

For this second card I tried to do a bit of fussy cutting. I cut out the stamped skyline image and added double-sided tape to the back. A piece of the heart paper was added to the bottom half of the card front and I put a strip of the gold glitter tape across the top. The skyline was added over-top, with the sentiment popped up on foam tape down below. I was able to die-cut some tiny hearts from the rest of the glitter tape (using dies from Paper Smooches) and glued them in place. Phoebe loves this one and has already put it in her room!!!


For this third card I really just wanted the globe die to shine as the star! I was able to pop it up on lots of tiny pieces of foam tape. I cut out the stamped sentiment and adhered in place. I used the same Paper Smooches heart dies to cut some red paint chips and glued them in place, along with some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

One thing I noticed after I finished was that all of these cards could but deemed 'manworthy'. In other words, I could give them to a man, which is a big thing for me because I've made probably 2 'manworthy' cards in my life. So thank you so much Sandie for giving me this opportunity and creating the most fabulous kit for us all!!!

I'm sure you have all visited Hazel, Sandie, Sarah P and Sarah G already to see their creations but if not, I definitely encourage you to pay a visit because these gals rock their kit contents like no one else. And I always think its so amazing how we can all have the same stuff but come up with so many different ideas on how to use it. Its a brilliant idea and I'm so thankful to be a part of it with such wonderul, creative women. Love ya girls!!

Take care
Shona

 

3 comments:

  1. So thrilled to see you are well again Shona and able to join the Honey outing. WOW! definitely worth waiting to view these beauties. All so adorably CAS and perfect. Think we both have the same PS heart dies and they worked perfectly with this stunning kit. I'm in love with the monochromatic one with that bold HELLO! Absolutely stunning and I'm sure Sandie will love your takes with the kit. Hugs Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sho, I am so glad that you and your fam are on the mend. A week of sickness is enough to really take it out of you. These cards are all stunning! I am also in love with the monochromatic one - that bold hello and little black car make such a statement on that sentiment panel. All are so clever though. Thank you so much for joining us, despite the difficulty. You are a super trooper, and these cards were definitely worth the wait!! Take care, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Shona these are fabulous and so pleased you are feeling a bit better. I adore the back and white combo and love how you spiced this up with a few sequins. What amazing fussy cutting on the second and what a clever idea to match this skyline with the heart DSP and then some glitter heart. And the globe sure does shine here-adore you popped it up. Your amazing and endless creativity astounds me.I love how you made this kit your own x

    ReplyDelete