Friday 17 June 2016

Stamplorations - CASEplorations Challenge for June

Phoebe was home sick today again (third time in three weeks....) with a very sore throat. It got better as the day went on and she is now just attached to the tissue box (like myself...still....) but it meant a very quiet day at home for both of us. This gave me a chance to create a few cards and join this challenge!!


Shelly is one of my team mates for the Waffle Flower Challenge and when I saw her card for the CASEplorations challenge this month, I knew I would have to play along!!

I love the Neat and Tangled products Shelly used on her card and I thought I could use some Waffle Flower ones to CASE her design:




This wood veneer paper is so cool and I wish I could use it on every single card!!!

I die-cut the circle die from the wood veneer paper and also from the card front. The flower was stamped on water colour CS and heat embossed in Rose Gold. I coloured it using the Kuretake Gansai Tambi paints and a water brush. To give it a bit more sparkle (which I couldn't pick up in the photo) I coloured over the centre of the flower with Kuretake Gansai Tambi 'Starry Colours' using White Gold. 

After fussy cutting the floral image out, I used a larger brush to colour another piece of water colour CS with some blue paint from the same set. I then die-cut the circle from it to create the middle panel. I adhered a panel of white CS to the inside of the card front and inlaid the wood circle and the blue middle piece. The sentiment was stamped in black and the flower glued in place, along with some co-ordinating sequins. I hope Shelly likes it!!!

The floral stamp is from Paper Smooches 'Best Buds'. The 'Flower Circles Inverted Die' is from Waffle Flower, along with the sentiment from 'Balloon Messages'. The sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh. The wood veneer paper is from Papervine.

I'm going to also link this to the AAA Card Challenge # 66 where their theme is:


And will also link to the Simon Says Stamp - Work It Wednesday May Challenge where their theme is 'Sunshine'.


And last but not least I will link to the Taylored Expressions 'Share Joy Challenge' # 40 where their theme is:

  

Right, I was going to post another card on my blog but its absolutely freezing and my electric blanket and laptop are calling me!! Also we went out for dinner tonight which is a very, VERY rare treat for us and we ate until we burst. So laying down feels like a very good idea right now. Was wonderful though and to have no dishes to do afterwards was heaven!!

Take care
Shona


 


 

12 comments:

  1. Very pretty. The wood veneer paper adds a nice dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful creation, Shona. Love that wood veneer paper. I can imagine how the sparkle paint affects the flower. Great idea. Thanks for linking up and playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and elegant Shona, we can alwyas freely in you to rock the chllenges.
    Great colour and design and thanks for take the time to play at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Shona...love your gorgeous flower. Wishing you and your family a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card, I love your interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good grief, you're a master at inlaid diecutting. And your watercoloring is superb. Love the wood veneer frame, as well (I'm very fond of wood veneer, myself). So glad you got out of doing dishes. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good grief, you're a master at inlaid diecutting. And your watercoloring is superb. Love the wood veneer frame, as well (I'm very fond of wood veneer, myself). So glad you got out of doing dishes. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning as always Shona, I love seeing your creations in our link up. This is no exception and I love the wood veneer as well. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there, Shona. Your cards are very sweet and super creative. I just wanted to stop by to introduce myself and say hello, tell you that I enjoy your creations, and...invite you to stop by my challenge blog to play along when you are able. I'd really LOVE having you play along with us. Our challenge are always Anything Goes/Family Friendly, and we offer awesome prizes, too. I really hope you will join us with your lovely cards.
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shona, I love your little window! Isn't it just amazing that the wood doesn't just shred going through the machine?!!! LOve it!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy to see you in the CASEplorations gallery, Shona. Shelly's card design reminds me of your style ;) Love how you used the wood veneer. That's beautiful stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome CASE! Wood veneer, so clever! I have some in my stash....already dusty....should get used, right? Thanks for the inspiration! Thanks so much for joining us at CASEplorations this month! Come back next month!

    ReplyDelete