Tuesday 21 June 2016

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge

The theme for the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge this week is 'Animals' and I thought this would be a perfect chance to show you a card using the new 'Mermonkey' stamps from Waffle Flower.



I knew I wanted to create some sort of underwater scene, so out came my Distress Ink and blending tool:


Mermaids seem to be all the rage at the moment with new stamp sets. I'm so glad that Waffle Flower joined the trend and even happier that they combined the mermaid idea with the already cute monkey characters.

I started off by stamping all the images (from the 'Little Mermaids' set) on white CS and colouring with my pencils. I was then able to use the matching dies to cut them out. I used Distress Ink 'Mermaid Lagoon' (how appropriate!) to create the blue background and stamped the bubbles (from the same set).

The rock was adhered to the card front along with the seaweed, fish and starfish. The beautiful mermaid was popped up on foam tape, the sentiment stamped in black ink and some clear and aqua sequins added (from Pretty Pink Posh) for some shine.

I have one more card to post on my blog and then I better get started on some more cards. I'm off to Auckland next Thursday (June 30th) so trying to get myself organised in advance for blog posts and DT cards that are due, as well as making cards to take with me for the Expo. I so wish I didn't have to sleep, I would be able to get so much more done!!!

Take care
Shona
 



 

1 comment: