Wednesday 1 June 2016

Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge # 196

Morning everyone and welcome to a new challenge week at Addicted to Stamps and More! Its your favourite theme this week:




The Gallery is always overflowing with gorgeous projects for this one. So many ideas and inspiration to be found!!

Our Sponsor for this challenge is Eureka Stamps and they are offering 3 digi images to the winner. Definitely a reason to enter, even more than once!!

When I was thinking about the design of my card, I came across a challenge photo that totally inspired me:


I knew I would be too late to enter the Paper Smooches challenge but loved the rainbow colours against the black, so I created this:
 

I wish I had some coloured embossing powders because I really wanted to have the colour against a black background. Another thing to add to my crafting wish list.....

The frame was cut from black CS three times and glued together for stability and to give a bit of dimension. I held it over the card front and drew around it with pencil to give myself a guide for stamping. I then used a paintbrush-like stamp in a rainbow of colours within the frame. After erasing the pencil lines, I adhered the frame.

I die-cut the 'friend' three times from black CS and glued them together and then to the card. I added some Wink of Stella and then lots of Glossy Accents to give it a bit of sparkle and shine. The rest of the sentiment was heat embossed in white on black CS, fussy cut and glued to the card front, along with some sequins. 

The 'friend' die is from Paper Smooches, along with the frame 'Frames 2'. The paintbrush stamp is also Paper Smooches 'Positive Strokes', as well as the sentiment 'Best Buds'. The sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh.

You have one week to link your projects to the Addicted to Stamps and More challenge. The rest of the Design Team have some gorgeous projects on the blog if you need any inspiration!! Can't wait to see your designs in the Gallery!!!

Take care
Shona
 


 
 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful take on the inspiration photo, Shona! I love the bold colors against the black sentiment and frame! Fabulous CAS design, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your black frame,Shona,and the rainbow colors as brush strokes...hugs...Ċ½eljka

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card Shona...love your incredible take on rainbow!

    ReplyDelete