Thursday 9 June 2016

Winnie and Walter - Rerun Challenge # 11

Hi everybody! Its been very quiet on the card making front of late. Since Sunday 29th June we've had constant sickness in our house, which has hit us all hard and is still going today. 

Max started the cold/flu/chesty cough drama and it has spread to us all, with myself being the worst hit. Max went back to school this week even though he was still coughing but woke up this morning with another cold. Phoebe was the last to be caught and has been home two days this week. I'm so hoping that by Monday next week we will be free of germs and can start afresh....well, thats the idea anyway.....

So, I was catching up on emails etc the other day and came across a video by Jennifer McGuire where she was doing incredible things with stencils. I don't use stencils often but she really inspired me to get them out and have a play. It also gave me an idea for the Winnie and Walter Rerun Challenge. 


In Jennifer's video she was showing ideas on getting dimension with stencils. I had a go and it worked out great but then had another idea:


I cut a panel of water colour CS (which I find blends the best) and taped down the stencil. I used my mini-blending tool and Distress Ink 'Mermaid Lagoon' to blend thru the stencil. I then removed the stencil and thought how could I colour the stencil lines themselves. So, I just lightly blended over the whole panel with the same ink colour and ta da!!  I realise that people probably have been doing this technique for ages but its new to me and I was so excited with the end result!!

I cut the panel into strips and popped them up on foam tape over the card front. I stamped the sentiment on a strip of white CS and heat embossed part of it in silver. I also die-cut the faceted star from some silver CS. The star and strip were adhered to the card, along with some sequins for a bit of shine.

For this Rerun challenge, we were to either use the 'True' stamp set (which I don't own) or be inspired by one of the DT cards provided. I loved Kelly's card and hope she likes my CASE of her design.


The stencil is used is from My Favourite Things 'Abstract'. The faceted star die is from Winnie and Walter, as well as the sentiment stamps 'My Precious'. The sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh.

I better get back to my patients and make sure they aren't starving to death. At least the weather is going along with our mood today, its very cloudy, cold and threatening to rain. A perfect day for being sick!!

Take care
Shona

 

3 comments:

  1. Oh Shona, I do ADORE your CASE!! Such a smart idea to ink the lines under the stencil. I'll have to remember that when I want to avoid a white-based design! So glad you joined the fun at w&w🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely stunning card! It seems like the sickness has not affected your creativity!
    Hope that everybody feels better real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card and amazing CASE of Kelly's card! Thank you so much for joining in the Rerun challenge. :-)

    ReplyDelete