Thursday 20 August 2015

Time Out Challenge # 38

Another fortnight and another challenge is upon us!! We have a fantastic inspiration photo for this TIME OUT  challenge and I have a feeling its going to be quite popular......


 
Anchors away everybody!! We have a nautical themed photo for you with all those gorgeous blue stripes. However, you may be inspired by just the stripes, the glasses or even the wood. Its totally up to you!!

Our Guest Designer for this challenge is the amazing Anni from Annikarten. I'm such a huge fan of her designs and her colouring skills are phenomenal! I really encourage you to visit her blog and be prepared to stay awhile....

I have to admit, I was a little stumped with this photo. I really wanted to design a card with boats in mind but don't really have any stamps or dies that would work. However, after digging around in my bottom drawer I came across some stencils that were perfect:


I heard someone the other day (in the supermarket) talking about how they had purchased another boat and how they would have to refurbish the whole thing because it was a little shabby. Wow, imagine being able to buy one boat let alone two.....so this card is for that woman and her overabundance of yachts!!

I used a striped stencil that is actually on an angle, so just taped it across my white CS. I used my mini blending tool and a fresh sponge to add lots of dark blue ink. Once finished I used a circle die to cut out the 'unsmudged' part. I also cut two more circles from white CS and stuck them all together before adhering to the card front. 

I then got out my mini blending tool again and put some red ink on the 'anchor' stencil over white CS. Once dry (I used pigment ink) I fussy cut it out and used a red pen around the cut edges. This was popped up on foam tape. The sentiment was stamped in black with a few co-ordinating enamel dots.

Both of the stencils are from Teresa Collins 'Basically Essentials'. The sentiment stamp is from Waffle Flower 'Congrats' and the enamel dots from Papervine.

I'm going to enter this in the Less is More Challenge # 237 where their theme is 'Congratulations'.

Your have two weeks to enter your projects to the TIME OUT challenge and the rest of the fabulous Design Team have created some designs on the blog to help in the 'inspiration' department. I hope you have a chance to join in and I can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Take care
Shona
 

16 comments:

  1. Cool and wonderfully graphic, Shona ... that bright red anchor really pops against those fab stripes! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a so crisp and graphic design; looks so great! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought your anchor was a die cut - perfect cutting out. We had a similar idea but yours looks much cleaner - I think it is the way you cut the stripes in to a circle. Gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am amazed these are stencils. They look fab. Every time I see your cards I think I must get a circle die, you work wonders with them x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So smart and crisp! Your use of stencils is so clever that I didn't realise they were stencils! Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful CAS beauty :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your talent is out of this world, Shona! I just love that you stenciled those stripes! This whole card is nothing short of brilliant!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. you like Graphic right
    me too
    as I was learning for Civil Engineer in University in Indonesia and I also have to draw house hehehe
    this is stunning the red really pop
    I wish I have time to join but I must packing my suticase and kids suitcase too and drive with hubby to croatia and meet sand and sea...no cardmaking no blogging :( ( abit sad but my son will be happy Mami has time ...not making cards only hihihi)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read after commenting woooww clever using stencile Shona wooow wooow woooww clever lady you are

      Delete
  9. I love those traditional nautical colours Shona and they always look so clean.
    Great that you've combined the timeout card with a congrats sentiment and I'm thrilled to see you linked up at Less is More too. Thanks so much.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. i just love this colour combo! Your fussy cutting skills are something else! Such a brilliant card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a clever use of your 'diagonal' stencil! That, paired with your anchor, makes for one CASilicious card! I have an anchor die so I should play along, right? Right! As for the woman with two yachts...sighhh. Oh well, wealth comes in all forms, and at this moment, your friendship makes me one of the richest people around!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, your fussy cutting skills are amazing, Shona! This card came together perfectly, fab stencil work.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really stylish piece of stendilling Shona, this looks fab!
    Thanks for joining us this week
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your striped circle! So pretty as a backdrop for that great red anchor! Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete