Saturday 15 August 2015

Paper Smooches - Sparks 'Picture Perfect' Challenge - August 15th

Its nearly 3pm on a Saturday afternoon and I've just made a card!! Crazy I know as I usually don't get to craft till the wee small hours but its a dreary day today and the kids are all playing games, so I grabbed the opportunity!!


This is the inspiration photo for the Paper Smooches Sparks 'Picture Perfect' Challenge. Its very 'Shabby Chic' to me and can see it sitting on a bed in a country house somewhere.



I don't have any apples in my Paper Smooches stash but I do have some butterflies that fitted the bill:


I cut a piece of kraft CS to fit the card front and die cut the two sizes of butterflies. I then cut different pieces of patterned paper and adhered them to the card front. I really wanted to show some type of sewing (like the pillow) so used a white gel pen to add the lines around the die-cuts and popped the panel up on lots of foam tape. The sentiment was heat embossed in white on some vellum and I hid the double-sided tape pieces behind the letters.

The butterfly dies are from Paper Smooches, as well as the sentiment from the set 'Uplifters'. The papers are from Chickaniddy Crafts 'Scrumptious', American Crafts 'My Girl', Kaisercraft 'Happy Snaps' and Dear Lizzy 'Serendipity'. 

I'm off shortly to take the kids to play basketball at the school. Its starting to rain again but hopefully we can spend at least a few minutes outside. I want to try and make some cards tonight as this is the first one I've made all week, so hopefully I will have more to show you tomorrow.

Take care
Shona


 

11 comments:

  1. Oh I love the pattern choices and use of negative space Shona!
    beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this Shona...such a clever and gorgeous take on the inspiration. Thanks so much for playing with us at PaperSmooches Sparks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blend of DPs, Shona ... fabulous with the neutral kraft ... and a brilliant take on the inspiration! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shona, this is a swoon-inducing winner in my world! I agree with the others: innovative and brilliant! The white "stitching": eye-catching special touchHope that PS gift certificate comes YOUR way!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - this is such a clever and beautiful take on the Picture! LOVE your card! Thanks so much for playing with us at SPARKS! Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic take on the inspiration photo! I love the faux stitching around the die cuts and love the papers you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG OMG OMG!! SWOON!! This is just BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Design and the FUN Patterns and Colors that you used!! The Faux Stitching REALLY makes these POP!! =)THANKS SO MUCH for joining us on the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge Blog and I hope you Play along again this Week!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG OMG OMG!! SWOON!! This is just BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE the FUN Coors and the Patterns that you used and the Faux Stitching really makes these POP!! THANKS SO MUCH for joining us on the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge Blog and I hope you Play along again this Week!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow....this is over the top! I just love it and your incredible style my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is beautiful, Shona, I love your take on the inspiration photo!!! Your selection of patterned papers are lovely and I love the beautiful butterflies with the clever use of the gel pen to add the lines!!! The vellum strip with the heat-embossed sentiment really looks great!!! This is a lovely card, Shona!!!!
    Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've taken the inspiration photo and made it all your own, with a set of lovely butterflies that have me swooning! Incredibly gorgeous! The vellum sentiment and stitched lines: amazing special touches! I think you should be on the PS DT, too!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete