Monday 10 August 2015

Sparkle and Shine Challenge # 11

Whipping in to do a quick post before this challenge closes. I have Max home again today. He gets croup every Winter from a simple cold and has been so bad the past two days. I tried to get him into the doctor this morning but they had no appointments left. Luckily they know what he's like and gave me his usual steroid prescription. So he's had his first dose and hopefully he will be cough free very soon. 

So I'm all over the place today and thought I had all day to join the Sparkle and Shine Challenge but just looked at link and there is only 2 hours left...whoops!


They always have the most beautiful inspiration photos on this challenge. This one is no exception, however, with it being mainly orange I wasn't sure if I could do this one or not. Orange is not a favourite colour of mine and I hardly ever use it on my cards. So I made myself create an 'orange' card, just to see if I could and you know what, my fear of this colour has been overcome:


I got out my trusty paint chips again and chose some different orange and yellow shades to die-cut with the flower dies. I glued the layers together and also die-cut some leaves to go with them. After die-cutting the rectangle from white CS, I also die-cut a curved square from patterned paper to act as the vase. This was adhered straight to the rectangle with the flowers and leaves being layered on top with double-sided tape and foam tape. 

I heat embossed the sentiment in gold and fussy cut before popping up on foam tape, as well as the rectangle itself on the card front. And of course I had to add lots of shiny sequins to finish.

The flower dies ('Loving Bloom') and curved-square die ('Funky Square') are both from CAS-ual Fridays. The leaf dies are from Paper Smooches 'Roses'. The stitched-rectangle die is from Pretty Pink Posh, as well as the orange sequins. The peach and gold sequins are from Neat and Tangled. The sentiment stamp is also from Neat and Tangled 'Across the Card'.

 I have three other challenges I would like to enter:

Little Tangles Challenge # 59 

Simply Create Too Challenge # 91 (Anything Goes)

Seize the Birthday Challenge (Embossing)


Back to playing 'nurse maid'. Another iceblock to get and cup of tea to make, my job is never done. I feel a weekend with my Mum coming on..........

Take care
Shona
 

 


 

11 comments:

  1. Such a lovely design! I really like the wood grain behind those gorgeous flowers. Beautiful focal image! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shona, once again the flow of your creativity results in a show-stopping, knock-it-out-of-the-park card! Your paint-chip blooms are lovely and placed atop the woodgrain paper...oh my! Talk about impact! Gorgeous, my friend, absolutely gorgeous! (more healthy vibes coming at you!).
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Shona, your card at STB caught my eye and I came here to have a closer look!!! I really love your card and decided to have a look at your previous posts, and boy, how I loved what I saw!! Your cards are beautiful and I kept on having a look at just one more, and one more, till I ended up looking at a LOT of them!!! I really like your cards and have become your latest follower!!! Looking forward to enjoy all of your lovely cards in future!!!!
    So sorry to hear that your little one is not well - hope he will be better shortly!!!
    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pretty paint chip blooms look fabulous on the woodgrain paper! Thanks so much for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shona, I was looking through the gallery this evening and noticed you had three entries this time at STB....I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate it! Your cards are always wonderful and this one especially! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a pretty design. Thanks for joining us at Sparkle & Shine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Shona... another fabulous card! Perfection!!!
    So glad you joined Seize the birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty and dimensional, Shona ... the gold embossed sentiment is fabulous with those rich orange hued blooms! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great design and I love the gold sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW love the flowers and gold embossed sentiment is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete