Thursday 6 August 2015

Time Out Challenge # 37

I can't believe its time again for another new challenge at TIME OUT.  For this challenge we want you to be:

                     INSPIRED BY WORDS - 'Friendship is Golden' 

We all know how wonderful friends are and how important it is to have them in our lives. This challenge will give you a chance to maybe design a card for a friend. Or maybe you will just go for a 'gold' theme. You can take inspiration from any part of the words, its totally up to you.

Our Guest Designer for this challenge is the absolutely spectacular Cornelia of Stempel Spass. She is the most incredible designer and her talent is very well known throughout blogland. If you haven't visited her blog yet, I suggest you go straight away. You won't be disappointed!!

When designing for this challenge, all I kept seeing in my mind was the word 'friend' in gold. Of course I felt I needed a little more than that for my card, so I grabbed a new stamp set to play with:
 
 
I can't seem to stop water colouring at the moment. And I'm crossing my fingers that I get some money for my birthday in a few weeks so I can purchase some of the Zig Markers, they look amazing!

I cut a piece of water colour paper to fit my card front and heat embossed the stamp in gold. After water colouring with Distress Inks and covering the inside of the flowers and leaves with Wink of Stella, I adhered it to the card. I die-cut the 'friend' twice from white CS and once from gold CS and glued them all together. This was glued over the jar as well as some pretty sequins.

The stamp is from Paper Smooches 'Best Buds', as well as the 'friend' die. The sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh.

I have three challenges I would like to enter:

House of Cards - August Challenge 

 
Simple Create Too Challenge # 91  (Anything Goes)

Paper Smooches - Sparks Challenge - August Wk 1


You have two weeks to enter your projects to the TIME OUT challenge. I really hope you have time to create something and if you need any help with inspiration, the rest of the Design Team and our Guest Designer have some beautiful projects on the blog. Can't wait to see you in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona

 

24 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, Shona! I love the soft watercoloring with gold, very pretty... And the stamp is one of my faves, I should buy it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should continue water colouring as you are so good at it. This is so very pretty and fab placement of image and sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty CAS card with the soft colours and gold sentiment! It is so lovely, Shona :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty, Shona ... the soft watercolouring is just lovely with the gold embossing and that wonderful gold die cut ... so delicious! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely simple card Shona. I love the simple image with gentle colouring and the sentiment across the top. Thank you for joining in with HOC Pat (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Love the gold embossing with the watercolor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shona, you always amaze me with your fabulous creations! This one is no different--IN LOVE with the coloring and gold embossed combo! It's gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards, friend! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh this is so pretty! I love how the image is stamped in gold, and those water color brushes are fabulous, aren't they? I had this stamp set in my hands the other day and put it down cause I thought I had already purchased it. Alas, I didn't and now I want it all over again! Love the gold die too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stuning Shona, all that gold just makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. * sigh * I've run out of adjectives my friend... let me just sit back and be in awe of your talents...
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet card....love all the beautiful gold!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Shona - you made me blush reading this....thanks for all your praise! I don't know what to say....Well you are certainly also a fantastic designer, no doubt about that!!! And that card shows it again. That golden die cut goes so well with that lovely bouquet of flowers! Love the gold embossing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness. Seriously this is the most stunning card. Absolutely gorgeous Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  14. STUNNING! Love the gold embossing mixed with the watercolours and gold die cut 'friend' finishes the design off perfectly. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card looks so fresh! Never thought that that was possible when using gold, but it looks great! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this card, Shona! I had to come over from TO to tell you how lovely and pretty I think it is!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous Shona, love all that gold xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it! Thanks for sharing at House of Cards!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab card, Shona! Gold with pastel colors are great together!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a gorgeous card! I love the gold embossing and gold foil paper diecut! Thanks so much for playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Woooww Shona
    I adore this
    all in Gold
    stamped with gold embossing powder and the sentiment
    so soft color and so feminin really fit our challenge this month
    many thanks for joining us at HOC this month Shona
    love to see you here
    hugs
    Monika (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  22. So very pretty, thanks for entering the metallic challenge at HOC.

    ReplyDelete
  23. BEAUTIFUL! One of my very favorite! Thanks for playing along with us over at House of Cards!
    Take Care!
    Michele, HOC DT

    ReplyDelete