Thursday 13 August 2015

Reminder: Time Out Challenge # 37

I'm popping in with a quick reminder about our current TIME OUT Challenge. We have some words as our theme this time:

                                                FRIENDSHIP IS GOLDEN

The good thing about this is that you can be inspired by any of these words, its totally up to you. So let your imagination run wild!!

I still wanted to run with the 'friendship' theme for my card and throw some gold in there. But I also was inspired by a recent blog hop:
 

Recently Paulina from Pretty Pink Posh had a blog hop celebrating her latest release of dies and sequins. As I hopped to each blog, I remembered the die's from PPP that I owned and that I hadn't used much of lately. And it gave me this idea!!

I got out my trusty tin of paint chips and chose some Summery, beachy colours. I then die-cut each colour using the 'Stitched Duo 2' die which has six round windows. After working out my pattern, I added foam tape to the back of each circle and put it on the card front. Once all the circles were on I gently cut off any overhanging pieces. To carry on the circle theme, I die cut a circle (from Couture Creations) from vellum and heat embossed the 'hello' (from Winnie and Walter 'The Big, the Bold and Happy') and the 'friend' (from Paper Smooches 'Bold Buzzwords') in gold. I cut teeny, tiny strips of double sided tape and put them behind the sentiments to attach to the card. 

I'm going to link this to the Simply Create Too Challenge # 91 where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

Your have until next Wednesday 19th August to get your projects linked to the TIME OUT Challenge. And of course the rest of the Design Team and our Guest Designer Cornelia have come up with some delicious cards as inspiration!! Hope to see you in the Gallery!

Take care
Shona
 
  

13 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!!
    This looks fantastic Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a clever design. Fab use of colour and the bold 'friend' sentiment perfect with the vellum x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm popping in really quick (will come back to comment and yes, I owe you a proper note, which I'll write on the weekend) because you are a winner over at Winnie and Walter. RUN. NOW! Go see! I'm sooooooo thrilled for you!
    Back soon after I gaze, admire, ooh and ahh over your fabulous card here!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABBY card....just so sweet with all those colorful circles! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lot of work...... but came out great! Like your exact spacing and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, your circles are lined up so perfectly and the colours are so beautiful, Shona!!!! Love the sentiment in gold on the vellum circle!!! This is stunning - LOVE it!!!
    Have a great weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All those coloured circles are so fun, Shona ... lovely with the embossed vellum panel! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors of cardstock you used, that was a lot of work to line up and adhere, but totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! This is fabulous! I love the use of paint chips and the design is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought I'd left a second comment, but given our sporadic internet of late, apparently it's gone missing! Here I am, delighting over your sweet circles card. Plenty of work, but the result: smile-making!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete