Tuesday 25 August 2015

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge # 200 (Take 2)

I'm running in with my very last post of the night (or morning as its now 12.18am Tuesday). My bed has been calling me for hours but I've been trying to enter challenges and catch up with emails from my weekend away, so have been trying to ignore my closing eyes....



I've already entered the 200th celebration challenge at Freshly Made Sketches but as I made that card, the idea for this one came creeping in and wouldn't leave me alone:
 


Another fiddly die-cutting idea but you know I love them!!

I cut a piece of white CS to fit half-way up the front of the card base. I then die-cut each flower into the panel and then die-cut each flower from green, pink and blue paint chips.  A lot of time was then spent piecing the flowers back together, holding them into place with washi tape behind the panel and also behind each flower head. 

Once the flowers were in place, I stamped the sentiment in black and then added LOTS of foam tape behind the panel and the flower heads. This was then placed on the card front. A few corresponding sequins and my floral number was done!!

The flower dies are from Paper Smooches 'Dainty Flowers'. The sentiment is also from Paper Smooches 'Uplifters' and the sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

This card reminds me so much of what I have to look forward to in the next few months as Spring and then Summer arrive, so I'm going to link this to the Uniko Studio Challenge # 24 where their theme is 'Summer'.

Right, that's it, I'm off to my bed!! Will hopefully at least get 6 hours sleep before everyone gets up. That will do and will work on some more emails and comments tomorrow night. I wish I could split my body in two and have one doing all my blog work while I'm out doing my other jobs. Wouldn't that be great???!!!!!

Take care
Shona

14 comments:

  1. What a great use of die-cutting! LOVE them embedded in the bottom half. I hope you are happily sleeping - but it's so worth staying up late when a great card idea gets in our heads! Thank you for joining us as we celebrate 200 at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally fun flowers! Love how you did the diecuts! The scattering of sequins is perfect! Thanks for joining our 200th sketch celebration at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work with those die cuts! This is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever, Shona!! Darling, clean, bright and sweet!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet, Shona! So bright and cheerful with lots of delicious white space! I feel like I can smell the scent from your posies from here!! How wonderful to be looking forward to spring and summer!! Do take care and don't overdo things! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a clever take on the sketch! These die-cut flowers are so cute and I love the sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun, so pretty, so summery, Shona ... and so cute! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such s pretty take on or summer theme and a wonderful floral delight
    Thanks so much for playing along at Uniko Shona. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your take on this sketch, fantastic die cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shone this is just super - great take on the sketch. The inlaid die flowers are really pretty. Thanks so much for playing along with Uniko Challenge this month! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love this Shona!!!! Those little flowers are so cute and what a great idea to do them like that!!!! Wonderful and lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how you used the sketch Shona. The flowers, sentiment and little sequins are so pretty & perfectly CAS. Thanks so much for joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your little garden of doodly dainty flowers are such a sweet delight, Shona! Fresh, fabulous and definitely FANtastic!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete