Monday 24 August 2015

One-layer Simplicity Challenge # 19

You know I love a good one-layer card and I've seen so many gorgeous ones entered for the One-layer Simplicity challenge, I didn't think I would enter but I changed my mind after buying some new Distress Inks on Saturday.


This is the amazing card that Karen gave us for inspiration for the 'Strip Down' challenge. We also had the option of creating this card 'stripped down' ourselves but as its Winter and I was spending the weekend with my Mum, I decided not to frighten her with my white, pudgy and 'un-landscaped' body...... so clothes were left on.



I was lucky to be able to purchase two of the new Distress Inks on Saturday 'Mermaid Lagoon' and 'Cracked Pistachio', in mini form. So after using lots of washi tape and spare pieces of paper to mask off my strip, I blended the two inks together. I then simply stamped in black the lotus flower, dragon flies and sentiment from one of my favourite Waffle Flower sets 'Lotus'.

I have four other challenges I would like to enter:

Little Tangles Challenge # 59 

Happy Little Stampers - August CAS Challenge 


AAA Card Challenge # 46 


Seize the Birthday Challenge (Anything that Flies - my dragonflies)


Only one more week till the official first day of Spring. Blossoms are starting to come out and you can see new growth on all my roses. We haven't even had a frosty morning for a while but I'm sure it will catch us off guard one morning....especially when my Mum's magnolia tree starts flowering!!

Take care
Shona
 


 

16 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous inking Shona. I love those 2 colors. They marry beautifully!!! Love your lotus image. Just a gorgeous, perfect CAS card. Thanks so much for linking up and playing along with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun to get new inks??!! LOVE this colour combo ... they blend together to beautifully (that is with your expert skills). Great card ... love the masked and sponged strip. And fantastic design. Thanks again for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those two new colours are just gorgeous! Good buying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Winner, winner, that's what I'm forecasting, Shona! Those two inks blended beautifully under your expert hand! I'm pinning this one!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your masking is awesome. What a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blending of those gorgeous colours, Shona ... such a pretty background to that sweet lotus flower! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super masking, super colours very elegant Shona.
    Thanks so much for playing along at AAA cards. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one looks great! Love how you left the flower like it is; that gives a beautiful effect! (something to remember if I want to colour things again; it doesn't have to be coloured...) Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful masking, loving that it's one layer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love love love the colors. your sponging is so seamless and I am very jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shona, You do CAS so so well! Love both of these cards! Thrilled to see you and your work in our gallery at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your cards Shona. The 2nd one is my favoirte. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the combination of the Cracked Pistachio and Mermaid Lagoon - beautiful! Thanks for sharing at AAA Cards! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your colour combination and great job with the masking challenge. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your 'stripped down' card is quite the eye-catching, sophisticated, glamourous little number! The lotus and dragonflies are so lovely set against your perfectly sponged panel! More swooning!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete