Friday 7 August 2015

CAS-ual Fridays - The Clean and Simple Challenge # 142

July just disappeared in a blur and our last challenge 'Embossing' was HUGE! We had so many entries and it took me half an hour to work out who to vote for, as I just couldn't shorten my list!! So thank you everyone who entered.


So for this month, the CAS-ual Fridays - The Clean and Simple Challenge theme is 'Pretty Patterns'. And I can imagine the cards entered for this one are going to be spectacular!!

For my card I got all fiddly with die-cuts again but its always worth the time and fuss. I also wanted to try out some CAS-ual Fridays dies that hadn't made it onto any of my cards yet:



 For this card I got out my trusty box of paint chips and chose some pinks in different shades for an ombre effect. I used the rows of stars die from CAS-ual Fridays 'Funfetti' Fri Dies on the front of my card. This die set also has rows of hearts, circles and snowflakes which I'm sure will turn up in some shaker cards shortly....they are the perfect size!! 

I then used the dies on the different shades of paint chips. I added a panel of white CS to the inside of the card front (to give the die-cuts something to stick to) and spent forever putting the stars into place. After stamping the sentiment (from CAS-ual Fridays 'Bold Wishes') I cut it into a rectangle and popped it up on some foam tape. A few clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh finished it off nicely.

I have four challenges I would like to enter:

Simply Create Too Challenge # 91 (Anything Goes)

Simon Says Stamp - Work it Wednesday July Challenge (Die cutting)

Little Tangles Challenge # 59


Seize the Birthday Challenge (Anything Goes)




You have until Friday 28th August to link your projects to the CAS-ual Fridays - The Clean and Simple Challenge. If your wanting to create a design with a few more layers but the same theme, pop over to the CAS-ual Chic Challenge. Hope to see you in the Gallery and can't wait to see what you create!!

Take care
Shona

 

11 comments:

  1. Paint chips...I can see I'll have to steal...er...CASE you genius idea and slap it on a card. Though to tell the truth don't have this die yet. But I certainly can see the myriad possibilities in my feeble brain. None quite as good as yours, though. Wow, let's just say you've nailed this challenge, but good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your ombre die cut rows of stars! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! Can't believe you glued each of those stars on your card front! Your card is beautiful, especially with the ombre effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is CAS gorgeousness! I loved it the minute I saw it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outstanding! The ombre stars were well worth the time it took you to arrange them; they're perfect! The sentiment: fabulous! More evidence of your exponential talents no matter what the product or what the challenge! In awe...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever way to used paint chip Shona
    and I am not so patient like you to put that star on the row with glue wooow TWO THUMBS UP
    your card is STUNNING and love that sentiment too
    Shona as I see your card here I wanna look my DIES I dont have much cause I am newbie at having Big Shot let me see if I can do similar like you and dont forget look at Sunday Stamps challenge this time you will love to join I guess
    See your bday card on my Blog ok...I made it already oopsss so early but I want to send you soon as soon as I got the stamp
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Starry ombré prettiness, Shona ... fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the ombre look you achieved, great idea about the paint chips. Thanks for joining in at Little Tangles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card! Love the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another fantastic card! WOW love that stars background :)

    ReplyDelete