Wednesday 5 August 2015

Addicted to Stamps Challenge # 156

I can't believe we have jumped into August already. Only one month till we hit Spring which is so exciting. Its been a very cold, frosty Winter where I live in New Zealand but also a very dry one. I can't wait to see the blossoms coming out!

Its time for a new challenge at Addicted to Stamps. This week its the hugely popular theme:

                                                      ANYTHING GOES

I really enjoy commenting on this challenge because there are so many different entries. You can make whatever your heart desires, we want to see it all!

Our Sponsor for this challenge is Sami Stamp Shop and they are giving a $12 gift certificate to the winner of this challenge. How fabulous is that!!


Over the past few weeks I've received quite a few new stamps and dies and not had the chance to play with many of them. I decided to grab one of the stamp sets and just go to town:



I haven't done much stamping of late, so really wanted to concentrate on using as much of this stamp set (Hero Arts 'Let Love Grow') as possible and keeping it to one-layer. I would never have thought to use black ink for floral images before but absolutely love the contrast between them and the coloured images.

I was actually inspired by a new challenge that my friend Amy told me about Pinterest Inspired Challenge. Amy is the Guest Designer for this very first challenge and when I saw the inspiration image, I knew the Hero Arts stamp set would be perfect!!


I would LOVE this image on my wall, its so retro and modern at the same time. You can totally see how this image inspired my card design.

I'm also going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

And will also join the Simply Create Too Challenge # 19 where their theme is also 'Anything Goes'.

You have one week to link your entries to the Addicted to Stamps challenge. And of course the rest of the Design Team have created some gorgeous projects to inspire you on the blog. Hope to see you in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 


 

 

26 comments:

  1. Stunning. Gorgeous one layer card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHONA!
    This is PERFECT.
    Sooooooooo pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got that challenge picture perfectly - GREAT card, Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shona, this is a spot on take on the challenge. So pretty! Thanks for joining us at PIC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I saw your card I knew it was from this new Pin challenge, it look almost the same as the picture, great combo of stamps and isn't it great to just stamp x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH so lovely, Shona! Ditto Sandie... just a lovely take on that gorgeous retro graphic!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! This is really amazing Shona!! Love your take on the challenges!! Just perfect! The colors are really stunning!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shona, what an absolutely fantastic card! Frame-worthy, in my books! Pretty, colourful, perfect images and colours...can you tell I'm smitten with this? Awesome, my friend! Your decision to 'go to town' with this set: brilliant!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  9. great take on the challenges and I love that your card has only one layer

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello Shona! I LUV this,,,I luv using black with my florals, it really makes it pop...this is stunning! So glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this mix of colours Shona. Great inspiration thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely amazing Shona....what a fabulous card! I love those beautiful stamped images , the colors really shine!!! Just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, Shona! I love your choice of flowers and the color combo is beautiful...like expensive DSP! Great job combining challenges, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is absolutely fantastic! Love those HA stamps, and will have to go and check them out! Your take on the inspiration is spot on. Utterly amazing card. Love this one!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  15. Way to rock the inspiration image :) lovely card Shona !

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fantastic take on the inspiration image, reminds me of 50's wallpaper, v retro. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this Shona! You have practically replicated the picture!! Do a big one and frame it!! Looking forward to Spring too, although it hasn't been too bad a winter so far here. Lots of lovely sunny days, but cold mornings and evenings. I can see me getting into this Pinterest Challenge, time permitting. Love these sorts of challenges! So many fun Challenges, so little time...!! Take care! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow girl, you nailed this in pretty perfection!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such prettiness, Shona ... a perfect take on the inspiration picture! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable! Beautiful stamping work! Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So glad to see you playing along at PIC!! Your right the flower stamps are perfect!! Love that its all one layer!! Just a gorgeous card!! Thanks so much for playing along at our first Pinterest Inspired Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I adore your card, Shona. The colours, the stamps, everything! So perfect for the inspiration challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Perfecto
    love the pattern you made
    I made pattern paper self but yours is adorable looks like a real material for making dress
    I adore your idea sweety
    cleverly made
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete