Monday 24 August 2015

Muse Challenge # 129

Well, what a wonderful weekend I had with my Mum. Lots of cards were made and junk food consumed. I did come home last night to more than 300 emails (most of them are blog posts from all the wonderful people who's blogs I follow), so please bear with me as I catch up on all your adventures!!


This is the beautiful card from Anita this week for the Muse challenge. The beautiful blue/green colouring with the white/black and gold really caught my eye. I really love her gold splatter over the stenciling but wasn't sure how I could recreate that part:


I started by die-cutting a square to make a mask for my stenciling, so I could concentrate the patterns in the middle of the card. After die-cutting the 'happy' from black CS three times, I glued them all together. I stamped and heat embossed the flower and leaves in gold on some plain vellum and then used the matching die's to cut them out. I layered them over the stencil pattern and then adhered the 'happy' over top. A few gold sequins (instead of gold splatter) and the rest of the sentiment stamped in black finished it off.

The stencil is from Teresa Collins 'Basically Essentials'. The 'happy' die is from Whimsy Stamps, as well as the 'birthday' stamp from the set 'Happy Everything'. The flower and leaf stamps (and matching dies) are from Waffle Flower 'Leafy'. And the gold sequins are from Neat and Tangled.

I have three other challenges I would like to enter:

Little Tangles Challenge # 59


House of Cards - August Challenge 


Seize the Birthday Challenge (No Topping)


I wish I had been able to post some of these cards during the day. By the time I get thru the rest of them its going to be tomorrow.....wish me luck!!

Take care
Shona

 

18 comments:

  1. Oh Shona this is a beautiful take on the muse!
    LOVE it!
    Thanks also for joining Seize the birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a wonderful time with your mom! Love, love, love your card. All the gold is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty - I love that bouncy Happy die cut! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this such an elegant card x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing isn't it, a day or two away from blogging and it goes crazy! Well, this is a beauty, Shona. I love how crisp and clean it is and so very you :) The little cluster of gold is just gorgeous. Thanks for playing along at Muse this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another amazing creation from you, Shona! I LOVE your take on the CASE card--the gold embossed flowers and leaves are SO pretty--and I adore the stenciling! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, Shona ... the gold embossed vellum really pops against the delicate spongeing! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Elegant, stunning and so beautiful Shona.
    great take on Anita's MUSE card. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that diecut sentiment and flower! Beautiful light sponging; it brings it up so much! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that birthday card! Touch of gold is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very CAS, very pretty, very metallic! What a joy to see a good CAS card done so well Shona. I am so impressed with how you put your elements together to form such a pretty composition.. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing talent with all of us at HOC..
    Shawna~DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very CAS, very pretty, very metallic! What a joy to see a good CAS card done so well Shona. I am so impressed with how you put your elements together to form such a pretty composition.. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing talent with all of us at HOC..
    Shawna~DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us at Little Tangles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Thanks for joining in our "Metallics" challenge at House Of Cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, Shona! I love how you featured the pretty metallics!
    Take care!
    Michele, HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. SHONA *waving wildly* My dear, sweet friend: I haven't forgotten you, but with work and travel, travel and work (in quadruple doses of late), I've fallen behind! Many apologies! Time to add 'words' to all the oohing and ahhing, gazing and admiring, so I'm settling in for a Shona-exclusive gallery walk! How wonderful to share a crafting-and-junk food weekend with your mom. Your card: a stunning combination of elements, that again, speaks to your amazing eye-for-design. Swooning!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete