Monday 17 August 2015

CAS-ology Challenge - Week # 159

I haven't had a chance to join in with the CAS-ology Challenge for a few weeks and when I received some new stamps that I had purchased (secondhand), one of them begged to be used!!


I don't have many 'water themed' stamps apart from the odd fish or two and I'm always looking for something different with my CAS-ology entries. Well, when these stamps arrived, I forgot about one set which is a 'beach' theme, so I made this card straight away:


This is one of my cards where I would say 'if I did any less on it, the card would be blank!!'. It was super simple to make and I used my Hero Arts 'Ombre' ink pad which hasn't been seen yet. I thought it would give the flamingo a bit more of an interesting look than flat pink. The sentiment actually has another two lines underneath it, so put some washi tape over the bottom half while stamping, works a treat! Both of these stamps are from Kelly Purkey 'Summertime'.

I'm also going to link this to the Simply Create Too Challenge # 92 where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

I've seen so many photos on Instagram of people at the beach of late. I can't wait for Summer to come back. Its only about six weeks till Daylight Savings starts so not long to go. Once those blossoms start appearing on the trees, the sun won't be far away. Yippee!!

Take care
Shona
 

12 comments:

  1. Love that pink ombre stamp pad of yours - just perfect for these flamingos. I was feeling quite spring-like when my beautiful white magnolia tree started blooming. Then it got whacked by a gigantic late frost - brown slushy flowers now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this Shona, TOTALLY gorgeous and light and a BREEZE of fresh air to me!!!!!
    Thanks for joining us at CASology, I ADORE it when you do!!! I get so INSPIRED!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These flamingos are fantastic, and I love seeing them all lined up and stamped so perfectly. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh just gorgeous Shona!
    Stamping perefction ;)
    Thanks for joining Casology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ombré was the PERFECT choice for these flamingos. It makes them shimmer, as if on hot sand at the beach. Love it, and can always rely on you to think laterally! My almond tree is covered in pink and white blossoms, so spring is definitely on its way! Thanks so much for finding the time to play at CASology this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous!
    Well, if spring is around the corner in your neck of the woods it means that our summer is coming to an end. And that's sad. Even though I like fall and some parts of winter... It just lasts too long here...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ombré flamingos ... how fabulous and fun, Shona! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forget about Swan Lake... these girls deserve a ballet of their very own!!! Gorgeous, and so much fun!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this clean & simple design and the flamingoes are awesome! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Simply Create Too!
    Hugs, Danielle x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your ombre flamingos, strutting across the panel, are divine! Talk about an ingenious interpretation of aquatic! Reading about you being on the brink of summer, as we're about to enter the cool, crisp days of fall is kind of funny! I'm looking forward to fall's lovely colours, but oh, how I long for the summer (and summer vacation *grin) to carry on for a few months longer...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a super-super CAS-card! Love the simplicity of the design and the way it gives maximum effect with so less! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete