Thursday 6 August 2015

Sunday Stamps Challenge # 106

I'm having a 'FINALLY' day today. I'm FINALLY joining in a challenge I've been looking at for ages and FINALLY using some of my new stamps on the card. I also FINALLY dusted my house which had an inch thick coating of dust but that's not such a fun 'finally', that's more of a 'I couldn't be bothered to do it but the kids were writing their names in it which was embarassing' finally. Who wants to dust when you could be card making???!!!


My friend Monika is on the Design Team for the Sunday Stamps  challenge and I've always loved their challenge themes. I love this sketch and even had an idea straight away on how to use it, so it was meant to be:
 
 
Aren't these the cutest wee monkeys??! They are from Waffle Flower's latest release and called 'Willy and Friends'. They have been sitting on my desk since they arrived a few weeks ago and Phoebe kept asking me when I would stamp them out. So last night I stamped them on to some white CS along with the skirts and flowers and coloured them in with my water coloured pencils (without the water). It was quite relaxing as I talked to the kids while I scribbled away.

I used the matching dies to cut everything out and glued the flowers and skirts on to the monkeys and used some Wink of Stella to give them some shimmer. The sentiment was stamped in black and I added two of the smaller flowers instead of sequins (for a change). The monkey's were all popped up on foam tape and they just came to life!

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Work It Wednesday July Challenge where their theme is 'Die cuts'.

And will also join the Virginia's View Challenge # 17 where their theme is 'All about the Embellishments'. Hopefully my little monkeys 'embellished' with their flowers and skirts will be considered acceptable. If they were four little monkeys just standing there, the card just wouldn't be the same!!


I must also tell you that I joined Instagram this week. I have no idea what I'm doing with it and have one card photo on there so far (will pop this one on in a moment) but have come to realise that my life isn't really interesting enough for Instagram. Will have to see how it goes but I do love that I can follow all my friends and companies like Waffle Flower etc and immediately see the posts. I'm feeling very up with the times!!

Take care
Shona
 

12 comments:

  1. They are cute! Do you have any wobbles? Easy to make ur own. You could really make them dance

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my goodness this is so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shona, this is ADORABLE! I love the little dancing monkeys!!! They make me smile! The sentiment is perfect! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute! I love how you mixed and matched your cutie pie monkeys and their tutu colors! great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you changes a bit your style my friend
    dear I love this so cute and the pop of the Image is a clever way using our sketch this time
    LUUUVV this cute card Shona still CAS and great coloring too woohoooo
    Thanks for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps this time
    hugs, Monika (DT member)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chek your mail please
      I need your answer sweety
      Hope you still have time before go to bed
      hugs, Monika

      Delete
  6. What cute little monkey girls ready to dance! Adorable card! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who doesn't love a quartet of dancing monkeys ... super-cute

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha ... such cute dancing monkeys, Shona ... so sweet! We have permanent dust (the joys of renovation!) ... eventually you don't even notice (yeh, right ... tee hee!) Anita :)

    ReplyDelete