Friday 21 August 2015

Just Add Ink Challenge # 276

Yippee! Its Friday, the end of the week and the beginning of the weekend. Sleep-in's, no rushing around with school bags etc and hopefully time to do a bit of crafting....

If you are able to make a card or two, you might be interested in this week's theme at Just Add Ink. Our theme is:

                                      JUST ADD CARDS for Males

That's right, we are looking for cards for the men in our lives. So its a perfect chance to whip up a card for your husband, Dad, son, postman etc and join in with our challenge.

I have to admit, I was really worried about this one. I've only made maybe two masculine cards in my time. I love flowers and pretty paper and stamps in my designs, so this was a struggle. However, once I decided on a colour scheme it all fell into place:


I was trying to think about what colours men wear and kept going back to a tuxedo. So why not black and white?? 

So I grabbed my favourite die and cut away with some black and white CS. I adhered each piece to the card front in a random pattern and cut away anything hanging over the edges. I stamped the sentiment in black ink on white CS, cut into a rectangle and glued to a piece of black CS that was slightly bigger. This was popped up on foam tape. And as much as I love to use sequins, they just didn't seem appropriate for this card.

The die is from Reverse Confetti, as well as the sentiment stamp from the set 'Shine from Within'.

You have until next Wednesday 26th August to link your projects to the Just Add Ink challenge. And of course the rest of the Design Team have created some awesome projects to inspire you on the blog. I hope you can join in and I can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Take care
Shona
 
  

19 comments:

  1. So cool and graphic, Shona ... I can definitely see the tuxedo influence in this fab card! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If this is only your 3rd masculine card, I'm is deep trouble because you burned down the house with this one. Geez, it's perfect. Wowzers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your cards, Shona! You are one talented cardmaker, and I love coming to your blog to see what's next. This male card is outstanding, just like the others. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just LOVE the drama of black and white . . . so classic! I also the love the graphical nature of this design too Shona! Fabulous for a male card! Have a great day/evening! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow....what a fabby card, perfect for any guy! Love those bold stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whooops was in the middle of writing my comment when I spied a pretty cool one above so went to that, and poof mine disappeared. Starting again....If you've read my post this week you'll know that you and I had the same struggles and thought processes (minus the tux). Eeeek masculiine cards scare me because I love flowers and pretty things. Pull out the black and white, and yep it all fell into place. Love your card, and the geometrical lines you've got going on. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. to cooollllllll
    I love making manly card
    and this is a cool idea to make so CAS Shona
    clever card maker you are
    also start 23 August we drive to Holiday to Croatia
    if no comment from me for 2 weeks you know where I am
    maybe also no Internet Connection there
    if I have I will send you small message in Inbox Facebook ok Shona
    See you today maybe on my Blog post..will be so happy...and hope your birthday card come soon hehe
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you struggle...search my Blog at left side..klick MANLY card..you get 98 Post from me for manly card hehe opposite from you I am struggle making card with flowers and coloring flowers makes me scarry...hihi,....
      Here is the link to my manly card Shona...just peek if you like and have time :)
      http://creativewithmonika.blogspot.de/search/label/manly%20card

      Delete
  8. Bold and sooooo beautiful, Shona!!!! What a lovely graphic look!!! I LOVE B&W - always so striking and elegant, too!!! Love your sentiment!!! A wonderful masculine card, Shona!!!!
    Have a great day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this bold card...so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shona for someone who hasn't done a lot of guy cards this one is a beauty. Love the strong graphic background and how you kept to the clean B&W colour scheme. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, you nailed the guy card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great so bold and easy on the colours is perfect for a male-card. And a stunning design aswell! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dashing and dapper, Shona! I need to take that RC chevron die of mine OUT of its package and put it to use! Thank you for the inspiration! I'm giggling over Michele's comMENt! She's hilarious and clever...much like you!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow! Shona for your 3rd male card you have created a beauty! Black and white and striking! The chevrons are so bold and graphic and fantastic with your sentiment. Awesome card! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Are we related? Someone else who doesn't make many male cards!! Well, you nailed! I really like this card...really classy. I know you were think down the line of a b/w tux, but this actually reminds me of a rugby jersey my older brother used to wear! Awesome CAS card as always Shona. Lou xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Only 2...lol Now that gave me a chuckle, here l was thinking l was the only one that isn't a fan, yet it seems there are a few of us!
    Well you've certainly aced this challenge...A perfect card for the guy's! xx

    ReplyDelete