Tuesday 1 September 2020

Funky Fossil Designs - Rainbow Circles

Hi everybody!! Well, after three days of incredible Summer-like weather, we've hit the first day of Spring with a day of rain and dramatic temperature drop. I've just lit the fire and can imagine both kids will be complaining about the cold and rain after school. I've finally started painting the hallway and its taken me 1.5hrs to cut in around all the edges but have to stop now because I need to pick Max up from school and don't want to be rushing. I'm a very slow painter but very particular and picky about how I do it. I love cutting-in but I'm so clumsy with the roller, always end up over on the scotia or skirting boards. Will give it a go once I'm back home....






I purchased a big pile of stencils from Funky Fossil Designs a few weeks ago, and as usual its taken me a while to find time to have a play. I was really excited about a 'bokeh' style one which has lots of different circles and thought up this design while out walking Bella:



 Think I need Dave to give me some lessons on how to fix my card photos with Photoshop. I know how to change the brightness and contrast but think I need to do more with these 'slimline card' photos as they are directly under the photobox light and have a 'flash' look to them.

I really enjoyed doing this. I gathered up a rainbow of Distress Inks and a spare piece of white CS and blended away with the 'Bokeh Builder Stencil' while watching the movie 'Contagion'. I tried to make sure I kept in mind what each blend of colours would look like so I didn't end up with lots of brown overlaps.

Once I had finished I used one of the 'Slim Stitched Rectangle' dies from Pinkfresh Studio to cut around it. I then used the slightly bigger one with some black CS, adhered it to a card front and then popped the circle panel on some white foam. To finish off I white heat embossed a sentiment also from Funky Fossil 'Small Print', put this on foam tape and glued on some Studio Katia pearls.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'. I think this is my 3rd entry.



I've got another rainbow circle card to show you but better get myself ready to go pick up Max. Its always horrible when its raining, lots of parents getting their kids, parking in the most dangerous places so their kids don't get wet with no regard for keeping other peoples children safe. I park down a side street and Max walks down there, much quieter and if I get there a bit early, I can relax for 10 mins and play Candy Crush. Its possibly the quietest time of my day.....

Take care
Shona
 

2 comments:

  1. Think Dave doesn't need to help you because I love this photo. Love the card...so full of happy color & warmth.

    ReplyDelete