Saturday 26 September 2020

Funky Fossil Designs - Snowone Like You!!

Hello there!! It has been one super busy month for card making with lots of New Release's to prepare for as well as other DT cards for the blog. Thank goodness I haven't lost my mojo over the last few weeks because as you know, I'm a 'last minute' crafter!! I really enjoy doing the New Release posts and sharing new products with everyone, especially when I've fallen in love with it myself.


We had a New Release a few weeks ago at Funky Fossil Designs and I haven't had a chance to share more of my cards with you using the new stamp sets. Sarah (the owner) and her stamp designers have been blowing me away with their images and each release I think this is their best....and then I think the same with the next one. I'm extremely proud to be a part of their team and excited to see how far they have come!

One of the new stamp sets has the cutest little 'round' snowmen. After a Winter of 'eating too many of my favourite chocolate biscuits', I'm feeling rather rotund myself and its unfortunately time to start thinking about Summer and bathing suits (or togs as well call them in NZ). Wish it was heading into Winter again, not Summer, so I could be rugged up like this guy enjoying the brisk outdoors:


This 'Birch Forest' stencil is one of my favourites for outdoor scenes, especially anything for Winter.

I placed the stencil over the card front and blended Distress Inks 'Salty Ocean' and 'Chipped Sapphire' over top to create an ombre effect, almost as if he was sledding at night-time. I free-hand cut a piece of white CS to make a hill, brushed on some Gina K Connect Glue to the edge and poured over Simon Says Stamp 'Unicorn Dust' Glitter. The hill was then popped up on foam tape. And to give a 'snowy' effect I drew some snow with a white gel pen falling amongst the trees.

The snowman from 'Silly Snowmen' was stamped on white CS with Gina K Amalgam Black ink, coloured with Altenew Artist Markers and fussy cut out. I put him on the hill with foam tape for lots of dimension. The sentiment (from the same set) was white heat embossed and put on foam tape, along with 'Arctic Breeze' pearls from Studio Katia.


I have a few more cards to come up with before I jump in bed tonight. Daylight Savings starts tonight with the clock going forward 1 hour, so we lose an hour of sleep but gain so much more time at the end of the day. I also haven't had to light the fire for a week, the days have been so warm. AND I have so many peony buds this year, it has taken a 7 years for some of my plants to flower so I can't wait for them to bloom. So many good things are happening!!

Take care

Shona

 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Spring...takes forever for peonies to get comfortable with their surroundings, so I'm not surprised it's taken so long for them to bud. Mine didn't for years, but fortunately they finally came around. I love these roly-poly snow people and especially now that I've seen your charming little scene. Good job.

    ReplyDelete