Tuesday 29 September 2020

Congratulations on your new home!!

 Hi everyone! Its so windy, I don't want to go outside but I need to go to the supermarket to get some basics. Thank goodness I never care about how my hair looks because this sort of weather would ruin any style. Its always windy here in Spring but we seem to forget that each year and are all shocked by the severity. Not the best for the fruit trees, hope the bee's get to pollinate my cherries before being blown away.....

I did some colouring AGES ago and over the weekend had a chance to finally put the cuties on a card:


I don't know what it is about this new Blogger system but my photos don't seem to be in focus anymore. They are when I adjust them in Photoshop for the size etc and never had problems before. Or maybe its just my eyesight?? Its very frustrating, has anyone else come across this?

I stamped all the images from the MFT Stamps 'Hanging with My Gnomies' with Gina K Amalgam Black ink on white CS, coloured with Altenew Artist Markers and fussy cut them out. On a panel of white CS I blended some Distress Ink 'Salty Ocean' with the MFT Stamps 'Cloud Stencil'. I then used 'Mowed Lawn' on the MFT Stamps 'Grassy Edges' Stencil (which you can only just see behind the house etc) I softly brought the colour down to the bottom. 

I worked out where the house would go and then used a mix of grey markers and pens to create the pebble path. I also used a fine-tip black pen to create a hole for the worm. I glued the blue flowers, ladybird and worm in place and put all the other images on foam tape. The sentiment was white heat embossed and put on foam tape and I added lots of highlights with a white gel pen.

I don't add highlights very often to my colouring as I either forget or I'm not too sure where they should go. I love how they look on this card so must practice them from now on.

Right, no more procrastinating, I'm off to the supermarket. Thank goodness I weigh a lot so I won't blow away!!

Take care

Shona


No comments:

Post a Comment