Monday 21 September 2020

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - SALE 20% off all Coffee Related Products

 Hi everybody!! The weather is still being very good to us here and we haven't had a frost for nearly a month, so Spring is well and truly upon us!! Daylight Savings even starts this coming weekend, which I always look forward too. It means lots of gardening and long walks with the dog by the river after dinner, and bouncing on the tramp with the kids in the warmth of the night. Can't wait!!


There is a fabulous sale going on at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps  in their 'Coffee/Tea' section. You can save 20%, no code needed and the cool thing is if you use my special code as well, you can save a total of 35%!!!!

 


 

For my card today I wanted to get a pop of colour amongst all the brown coffee beans:

 


I wonder what the percentage is of people that drink decaf coffee?? I suppose it would be like drinking Coke but the sugar/caffeine-free version. I don't drink coffee but love Coke and definitely not a lover of the 'healthier' option. I know its not good for me but I don't drink alcohol, smoke or do drugs so I've got to have one naughty thing going on don't you think!!

This card design came about because I found a panel I made during our 'lockdown' back in March where I cut strips of CS and glued them to white CS to make rainbows. I die-cut the large cup from the 'Coffee Cup Fri-dies' from the rainbow panel and then again from white CS. That gave me a white piece for the inside of the cup which I coloured with a brown marker. I held it in place with some washi tape. The sentiment (from 'Cup Refills' ) was white heat embossed on some black CS and popped up on foam tape. 

I adhered a panel of black CS to the card front to help the cup colours pop. I then die-cut one of the 'Bubble-Box Fri-dies'  from white CS and blended Waffle Flower 'Coffee Love Milk' ink thru the 'By the Beans' stencil. I put this on a piece of white CS and then added the cup on foam tape. I finished off with some Pretty Pink Posh sequins.

You still have some time to make the most of the sale and I'll be back in a couple of days with some more card ideas.

Take care

Shona

1 comment: