Tuesday 8 September 2020

Funky Fossil Designs - New Release Previews - Day 2

Hi everyone, its been a gorgeous Spring day and I even met two little lambs who had been rejected by their Mum's. They were so excited to see me and were expecting me to bring out some bottles of milk for lunch. Unfortunately I was 'milk-less' and could only offer pats and chats about my day.





Today were are introducing 'Time for Tea':




Another fabulous set for colouring and perfect for all those coffee/tea drinkers out there. I decided to add some bright rainbow colours to one of the tea pots:


You know I have to slide some rainbow colours in here and there and this pot was screaming for it!

I stamped the pot on some white CS with Gina K Amalgam black ink, colouring with Altenew Artist Markers and fussy cutting out. I needed a neutral background to make the colours pop, so I stamped the rainbows from 'Find your Rainbow' using SSS 'Fog' ink. I tried to mirror them which didn't work out perfectly but still love the shape.

I cut the panel down to a square and cut a slightly bigger panel from black CS. I adhered this to a 4 inch square white card base and then put the stamped panel on white foam. I popped the teapot on some foam tape and did the same with the white heat embossed sentiment. And of course I had to finish off with my favourite Studio Katia pearls.

Pop over to the Funky Fossil Designs blog to see what Sarah and the rest of the Design Team created with this set. All five new sets will be available to purchase this Saturday 12th September!!

See you back here tomorrow for Day 3!

Take care
Shona
 

5 comments:

  1. What great coloring, girl. That pot is something I'd love to have in my home. I don't drink tea but I'd sure find a use for it. Looks gorgeous against that neutral background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, great contrast between background and colored image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Shona. I love the use of the rainbow stamp as a background. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that subtle background Shona, it really makes the teapot and sentiment stand out. Awesome work
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete