Thursday 17 September 2020

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge #170

 Hi everybody!! Does anyone else have Blogger?? I've been fighting with their new system for months (you can revert back to the old one but that option will be removed soon...) and I've decided to try to stick to this new format. Its rather confusing and things aren't working properly but change is always a bit like that so fingers crossed....


Our current theme at  TIME OUT is 'Adventurous' which has so many possibilities for projects. You could try an adventurous new technique, show someone being adventurous or maybe try an adventurous new colour combo....its totally up to you!!

 

Our Sponsor for this challenge is Funky Fossil Designs and they are giving a gift voucher to the winner. They have just had another New Release of stamps and have so many stencils you will be overwhelmed with choice!!

 

 

For my card I always think of adventure as climbing a mountain or hiking through the forest to discover new things (not that I do any of these unfortunately).... So I decided to create a scene with this in mind:

When I uploaded the photo of this card I realised that my cat must have climbed into the photo box while I was getting my phone but I didn't realise. There was fur everywhere but I was too worried about getting it focused I didn't notice....and my eye-sight is terrible....

I started off by stamping the mountain range from the Funky Fossil Designs 'Adventure'  stamp set using Mama Elephant 'Smoke' pigment ink. I then blended Distress Ink 'Salty Ocean' so that there was a white area around it, giving it a 'glowing' look. I then blended 'Mowed Lawn' along the bottom half of the card. Using Versafine Onyx ink I stamped the birds, trees and deer from the Funky Fossil Design 'Winter Wonderland' set with my MISTI. That way I could stamp a few times to get really good coverage. 

I cut a panel of dark grey CS and adhered it to the card front and put the coloured panel on white foam. I then white heat embossed the sentiment (also from the 'Adventure' set) on the same grey CS and got really adventurous by adding a yellow CS backing. This was put on foam tape along with pearls from Studio Katia.

You have until Wednesday 23rd September to link your project to the TIME OUT challenge. And if your needing some ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our Guest Designer, the always fabulous Conil of Which Craft?  have created to inspire you. Look forward to seeing your adventurous projects in the Gallery!


Take care

Shona

 

 

4 comments:

  1. That is so funny about your cat! But I don't see anything wrong with this beautiful picture! I love those mountains and then I saw the little deer in the corner and just smiled! Such a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having the same problems with Blogger that you & several others are having. Sometimes it seems simple then something changes out of the blue making it more difficult. So every post seems to take longer to figure out how to complete. GRRRRR. Anyway, love this card. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card Shona - love the way you have left a 'glow' around the mountain!
    I have not had many problems with the new blogger at all... maybe it's being nice to an old lady ;).
    My camera is another story - it has digested some photos I took of a card I really liked - so not impressed- as it was sent before I discovered it and could re-take the photos!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol about Blogger. Every time I get used to the new version they change something again and I imagine a techie sniggering behind their hand! It all looks fine here though Shona - and I'm looking for cat fur in vain! The only fur I can see are the fir trees *hahaha, slaps thigh*
    I love your beautiful card with the mountain range, the trees, the deer and the birds and then that perfectly positioned sentiment. Every time I visit you I realise that I need to go to the Funky Fossil site and just put ALL the stencils in my shopping cart!!!
    Thanks for your lovely message on my blog. Sending hugs, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete