Thursday 3 September 2020

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge #169

Hello there!! The sun has finally returned and the rain has gone (for the moment) so I'm back in the garden again. There is a bit of snow around on the mountains which would explain the freezing cold wind but I'm just glad to be outside again.





The theme for our current challenge at TIME OUT is 'Season' with the optional twist of 'Colouring'. Its quite a good word as Season can mean so many things e.g. the four seasons in a year, a certain time of year like the Christmas season or even adding seasoning to your meal. Its totally up to you how your inspired by the word.

Our Sponsor for this challenge is Poppystamps and they are giving a $20 voucher to the winner who uses the 'optional twist' and does some colouring.

The Sponsors for our challenges are so generous to our Design Team members. For this challenge we were sent a Memory Box  die to use. Memory Box, Poppystamps and Birch Press Designs are all part of the same family. It was so lovely of them to do that and we really appreciate the kind thought, which also gives us a chance to show off their product.

For my card I thought of the 'Christmas season' straight away. Everyone keeps saying to me how close Christmas is. Even though this has been a horrible year with COVID, it does seem to have zoomed on by:


So glad to have another Christmas card for my stash. I'm way behind with all the cards I need. And thinking about the post and how long things take at the moment, I probably need to post them in October!!

Firstly I die-cut the Memory Box 'Poinsettia Circle Frame Die' three times from white CS and glued them all together with Gina K Connect Glue. This die is so intricate, I didn't want to add to much to the design, so adhered a panel of red CS to the card front and glued the die into place. Using some of the same red CS, I die-cut the petal/leaf dies three times for the larger one and six times for the smaller one. I glued two lots of small petals to the middle of each flower and then a Studio Katia 'Arctic Breeze' Pearl to the middle. These were then glued to the frame.

To finish off I grabbed the circle piece of CS from the middle of the frame. I stamped the sentiment (from Funky Fossil Designs 'Festive Phrases') using Catherine Pooler 'Rockin Red' ink and immediately clear heat embossed with SSS embossing powder. I popped this up with some foam tape and glued on some more of the pearls.

Will link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge  where their theme is 'Stamp It'.

 

You have until Wednesday 9th September to link your projects to the TIME OUT challenge. And if your struggling with ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created for you. Look forward to seeing your projects in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Love how you used the sentiment and gorgeous colour base-a true Xmas joy-lets hope it is a good one x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so dramatic in the red and white Shona - a brilliant card
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Such a gorgeous and festive wreath. It's brilliant.

    ReplyDelete