Wednesday 2 September 2020

Funky Fossil Designs - Find Your Rainbow

Hi there and welcome back, or if its your first time visiting I'm so glad to see you. I've had another busy day of no gardening but lots of painting instead. I wasn't sure if two coats would be enough in my hallway but it looks good and will remove the painters tape tomorrow. That's always scary to me as I then find areas where the paint has leaked through or I didn't tape in a straight line etc. Will see what happens....





I've got another rainbow circle card to share with you today, using the 'Bokeh Builder Stencil' from Funky Fossil Designs: 


I really enjoyed doing this design. I'm not very experienced with stencils but Funky Fossil Designs have SO MANY stencils to choose from, I'm slowly building quite a collection and getting more confident in using them.

As you can imagine this was uber simple to create. Using a rainbow of Distress Inks I blended through the same circle on the stencil on a large piece of white CS. I tried to make sure I didn't end up with any unsightly blended areas so really had to think about what colours would blend together well.

Once I had finished I used the smallest die from the Pinkfresh Studio 'Stitched Slimline Dies' set to cut it out. I then used a slightly bigger die on some black CS, adhered it to the card front and then put the circle panel on some white foam. I kept the sentiment simple too, white heat embossing one from the Funky Fossil Designs 'Find Your Rainbow' stamp set. This was put on some foam tape, along with my favourite Studio Katia pearls.

Will link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'. Its my fifth and final entry.


I'm a bit late making dinner tonight after a really busy day. Not sure what we will have yet but I know it will be simple. I'll then jump into bed and watch a horror movie I found on Prime Video that looks really good. I found another one yesterday and watched it last night. Well, I coloured while I listened as it was a terrible movie with shocking acting. Fingers crossed this one isn't a dud as well!!

Take care
Shona
 

3 comments:

  1. You have done an incredible job with this stencil! Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool card! Great job! Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should be exhausted. Painting, gardening, horror films, making cards AND cooking dinner. You're Superwoman. Terrific card. Love the mix of colors & the new ones you created. This is really amazing. Hope th painting comes out perfect.

    ReplyDelete