Wednesday 16 September 2020

Reminder: The Flower Challenge #48

Hello there!! Hope the start of your week has gone well so far. The weather here is good so been spending a lot of time gardening. The rest of my week is tackling the painting of the kitchen. Even though its much smaller and the ceiling is lower than our large hallway, I have lots of cabinets to paint around, so that should be fun....Will be good to get it done though as Dave painted it a few months ago with his 'slap happy' style in a colour I didn't like, so will have a lot of fixing up to do as I go.....





Our theme for this month at The Flower Challenge is 'Brown and Pink' and there are already some gorgeous projects in the Gallery.

Our Sponsor is Bugaboo Digi Stamps and they are giving a $12 gift voucher to the winner. They were also very generous with our Design Team and gave us a few different digi stamps to use.




For this card I used a different digi image and decided to have a go at colouring my flowers brown:


This image is called 'Flower Border 01'. It prints so delicately I didn't actually want to colour it. And the thing I like the most is that it prints with shading included, which helps a lot!!

My husband printed this for me on white CS and I used my Altenew Artist Markers to colour it. I also used a white Gelly Roll pen to add some little details. I used one of the Pinkfresh Studio 'Stitched Slimline Dies' to cut it out and then the next size up to cut some brown CS. I created a white CS card base 8 x 3 inches and adhered the brown CS to it. The coloured panel was popped up on foam tape. 

The sentiment (from Concord and 9th 'Everyday Bouquet Turnabout Stamp Set') was white heat embossed on the same brown CS, backed with some light pink CS and put on foam tape, along with some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

I hope you have a chance to join us for this challenge and I look forward to seeing your project in the Gallery. If your needing any ideas for this colour combo, pop over to The Flower Challenge Blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our amazing Guest Designer Lee Ann from Greyt Paper Crafts have created for you.

Take care
Shona
 

2 comments:

  1. Wowie! This is really fabulous. Gorgeous image and coloring is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you reversed the coloring, Shona, making the flowers brown and the leaves pink. Such a great look.

    ReplyDelete