Saturday 5 September 2020

The Flower Challenge #48

Well hello there!! I've made it to the weekend (this post comes out at 2am Saturday morning in NZ, I will definitely be asleep....) which I'm very happy about. The weather is looking good and now I've got to choose between more painting or attacking my hedges which have suddenly sprouted all over the place. Or I could just make cards......





We have a colour challenge for you this month at The Flower Challenge. We are wanting you to use a combo of 'brown and pink' with your floral themed project. You can decide how much you use of each colour, will be really interesting to see what everyone comes up with!

Our Sponsor for this challenge is Bugaboo Digi Stamps and they are giving a $12 gift voucher to the winner of this challenge.




Bugaboo Digi Stamps have also been very generous to our Design Team and given us all digital stamp images to use for this challenge. I don't use these sorts of stamps often and it takes me a bit to get it to print out the right size but I got there in the end and this image was a lot of fun to colour:

 



This image 'Teacup Flowers 1' is such a good size for colouring and I must give a shout-out to my husband who helped me print it as computers and I have a 'love/hate' relationship.....

I broke out my new Faber Castell Polychromo pencils for this one. I can totally see why people love them so much, they are so soft and vibrant, and the blending of colours is phenomenal. I wish I could have spent longer colouring this but as usual life gets in the way. I used a 'Stitched Square Die' from Uniquely Creative to cut it out. I cut a panel of brown CS to adhere to the card front and then put the coloured panel on some white foam. The sentiment (from MFT Stamps 'Sassy Pants Best Friends') was white heat embossed on a strip of black CS that I backed with the same brown CS and put on foam tape. To finish off I added some Neat and Tangled sequins.

You have until Friday 25th September to link your projects to The Flower Challenge and if your needing any ideas you can pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our talented Guest Designer Lee Ann Barrett of Greyt Paper Crafts have created to inspire you. Look forward to seeing you in the Gallery!

Take care
Shona


 

5 comments:

  1. Lovely coloring for this challenge. Such happy, fun flowers. Guaranteed to make the recipient smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Shona - what amazing colouring - you are a natural. A stunning card that I love! I have given in to the call of the garden, and spent some time weeding these past couple of days, rather than purging and packing.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shona, what a darling little tea-cup bouquet! Love your shade of pink with the dark chocolate of your brown.
    Of course, you know you 'had me' at the sentiment, right? xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colouring skills are just getting better and better all the time Shona, Im so glad you did this image with the pencils. It looks amazing. Hugs Aileen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used the same image for the reminder challenge and it's amazing how different they look. Yours is beautifully colored with your PolyChromos.

    ReplyDelete