Wednesday 23 September 2020

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - Girl Friday Post for September

 Hello there!! I can't believe we are already past half-way thru the month of September. Even with all the sucky things going on in 2020, time certainly hasn't slowed down. The kids only have a few days left of school this week and then they are on holiday for two weeks. Unfortunately we don't have anything planned but I know they will be catching up with their friends and hopefully we can do the odd day trip to Nelson etc for a bit of shopping. And Daylight Savings start this weekend so there will be lots of late nights of basketball and trying out Tik Tok dances on the front lawn.


I'm sharing with you my 'Girl Friday' card for the month as part of the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps  Design Team. Even though we are into Spring in this part of the world, on the other side lots of you will be heading into Autumn, so thought I would use some Autumn colours for my card:

 

These dies have been around for a few years now but I've actually hardly used them. They are still quite popular and after creating this card I can see why. My mind is racing with lots of other card designs using these, will have to write them all down in my little book before I forget them!!

After setting myself up in front of Season 6 of Seinfeld (started watching this a few days ago and still find myself laughing out loud. Also surprised as to how many lines I know off by heart after all this time) I grabbed lots of CS in Autumn colours, as well as some gold. Using the 'Acorn Fri-dies' I die-cut the leaves from the different colours. I also die-cut the veins from brown CS and also gold. I used Gina K Connect Glue to adhere them all together.

I die-cut a ring of white CS using some circle dies from Couture Creations and set about gluing the leaves on to it, layering the gold ones here and there. I cut a panel of grey CS for the square card front and then popped the wreath up on foam tape. I die-cut the circle of white CS using one of the 'Ornament Tag Fri-dies' and used WOW! Metallic Gold Sparkle Embossing Powder to heat emboss the sentiment (from the 'Terrific Flowers' stamp set). I used three layers of foam tape behind it so it sat above the wreath. And finished off with sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

Hopefully this will get you in a 'die-cutting' mood and maybe you'll get a chance to make a few projects yourself today. If you haven't seen the products I used today before and would like to purchase them, don't forget to use my special code to save yourself 15%!!


Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you back here in a few days with some more card ideas. 

Take care

Shona

 

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty card Shona - love the colours and all the dimension!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect for Fall. Your leafy wreath makes out side of the world very happy.

    ReplyDelete