Saturday 29 August 2020

To an Awesome Girl.....

Well its Saturday lunchtime and I have a billion things to do this afternoon but thought I would stop for five minutes and share a card with you. Why are the weekends just as busy as during the week these days?? Renovating certainly doesn't help and I just can't stay inside when the weather is so gorgeous. I just need more days in my week!





Rosies Studio is a craft brand I've used often over the years. I'm not sure if they are a New Zealand or Australian company but they produce lots of craft products that are very well priced and available in a few stores in New Zealand and Australia. Lately their Collections have been incredible and was able to pick up some dies and the stamp set locally. This was so much fun to make and you know me, rainbow colours make me happy:


Think I need a better lightbox. Because I have to lay the slimline cards down flat, the light is so bright and I don't seem to be able to fix it on Photoshop, so might have to do some new lightbox investigating.....

I started by stamping the scooting girl from the 'Lil Rosie A' stamp set with Gina K Amalgam black ink on white CS and colouring with my Faber Castell pencils (coloured this before I got my new Polychromos....). I fussy cut her out as best I could and put to the side.

I gathered some CS in rainbow colours and die-cut the Rosies Studio 'House' die from each of them. To add a bit of interest I interchanged the door frames and hearts and glued them on to white CS. Once they had dried I fussy cut any overhanging CS. I worked out how they would sit with each other and then glued them overlapping in a row.

Using a die from Mama Elephant 'Slim Window Dressing' with some white CS, I added a strip of grey CS for the road and blended some Distress Ink 'Tumbled Glass' for the sky. The houses were then adhered into place. I used the larger die from the Mama Elephant Slimline set with some light blue CS and glued to the card front. The smaller 'house' panel was popped up on white foam.

I white heat embossed the sentiments (from the same stamp set) on strips of black CS and put them on foam tape, along with the girl. I finished with Studio Katia pearls and Wink of Stella on the hearts. I just love this sentiment!!

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'. This is my second entry.


I'm off outside to trim my lawn edges in the sun now. Phoebe has gone off to a friends place for the night, Max is about to go play basketball with friends and Dave is working this afternoon at the showhome, so I have the house to myself. Its means I can play whatever music I like and not have anyone telling me I'm lame or screwing up their face. I'm so cool, they just don't realise it yet!!

Take care
Shona
 

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy that music...rock out girl. Have I told you how much I love this card? It's so stinkin' FABULOUS.

    ReplyDelete