Monday 24 August 2020

Rainbow time!!

Hi everyone! My walls are covered in many, many patches of grey paint in the attempt to find new colours for every room. After the house was raised and the piles replaced ages ago, every room was affected with cracked walls. It took nearly a year to get all the cracks plastered and we had to wait even longer to wait for the house to settle. So now I can finally get the painting done but trying to pin down the exact colour is so hard!

So even though grey is one of my favourite hue's at the moment, I felt like I needed something to brighten up my life, and what could be better than a rainbow:


This die is yet another one that sits in a special box on my desk of new goodies, waiting to be used. I can't believe its taken me so long to take it for a spin and I even broke out some glitter paper for its inaugural run.

I started off by die-cutting the Avery Elle 'Rainbow Die' from white CS. It comes with a cloud die that sits underneath so I used that as well. I thought it was fantastic and proceeded to die-cut the rainbow part from different coloured CS to inlay in it.

Well, I soon realised that the rainbow strips were great but what about the rainbow outer shapes left over in each colour?? I decided I couldn't put them to waste and carefully layered them so each colour would just show through. It didn't work perfectly as some of the smaller areas you could only see a few colours but the longer strips showed them all off. As there was a slight gap showing through, I cut a piece of light blue glitter paper and put behind them all for a glittery sky. I also inlaid some silver glitter paper for the cloud.

 
Luckily the layer of cardstock wasn't too bulky and was the same thickness as my white foam, so I added that behind the cloud and adhered to the front of the solid die-cut card base.  I used a piece of the same yellow CS and stamped the sentiment (from the matching stamp set) with Versafine Onyx ink and clear heat embossed. This was put on foam tape, along with a rainbow of Studio Katia pearls.

Sometimes I wish I could use dies the way they were intended, it would certainly be simpler but where's the fun in that??!! I'm off to bed shortly with a rainbow of house dies to cut out. Will show you them on a card very soon....

Take care
Shona
 

 

2 comments:

  1. This is a cheery, happy card. Bet it even helps you to decide which grey you want on your walls. I think it's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much more fun for us to see you using the dies in different ways Shona! This is amazing and fun and bright, and I love the addition of the sparkly cloud and coloured pearls. Sending hugs from a rainy England :/
    Vicky x

    ReplyDelete