Thursday 20 August 2020

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge #168

Hi everybody!! Hope you've had a fantastic week and your weather has been not as wet as mine. We haven't actually had rain for weeks, so yesterday it poured down all day and into the night, which means its also too wet to garden today, so that's two days in a row at home. I did a lot of card making yesterday but today has been about doing chores and about to get my hallway ready for painting. Fun!!





We have a photo to inspire you for the current TIME OUT challenge and it screams Summer at the beach, which is a far cry from Winter in New Zealand which is what I'm experiencing at the moment..... There are so many elements in this photo to inspire you, can't wait to see what you come up with!

The Sponsor for this challenge is Uniko and they are giving a prize of an in-stock stamp set of your choice for the winner. Lucky!!


When I saw this photo I knew straight away that I had a surfboard stamp somewhere and definitely wanted to capture some of that beachy feeling...:


I had so much fun putting this together and wishing this was the view outside my window instead of muddy grass.....

I started by die-cutting the Studio Katia 'European Window' die 3x from white CS. My window was a nod to the see-thru terrarium. I glued some acetate behind the top window and then the two other windows underneath. I used a pencil on a piece of white CS to mark out the window size for the scene. I blended Waffle Flower 'Coffee Loves Milk' ink for the beach, Distress Ink 'Salty Ocean' for the water and Distress Ink 'Squeezed Lemonade' for the sun, using scrap bits of paper to mask off each area. 

To get more movement to the ocean I used a Funky Fossil Design stencil 'Scenic Borders' with Distress Ink 'Mermaid Lagoon'. I also scribbled my white gel pen on top of the waves and the beach to add foam to the water.  I also used a brown Copic Multiliner to add some interest to the beach. The final touch was the surfboard (Studio Katia 'Jawsome') which has a bite out of it, so I masked that part and drew in a whole board. I coloured with Altenew Artist Markers and glued in place, with the window glued on top.

For a bit more interest in the background I stamped the wreath from Studio Katia 'Floral Wreath' in Waffle Flower 'Safe Choice' ink and glued the window on top. The white heat embossed sentiment (also from the 'Jawsome' set) was popped on foam tape, along with some Studio Katia pearls.

You have until Wednesday 26th August to link your project to the TIME OUT challenge and you can find lots of ideas on the blog from the rest of the Design Team and our amazing Guest Designer Enna who has an Instagram Account @ritzyhag I really recommend you check out her spectacular designs!!

Take care
Shona
 

3 comments:

  1. love how you put this together! Adore you added the soft flowers around the window and what a fab scene to look out at-such vibrant colours-super background and what a fab surf board-have always wanted to learn how to surf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is FANTASTIC, Shona!!!!! What a wonderful scene and perfect take on the inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete