Friday 21 August 2020

Concord and 9th - Slimline 'hi'

Hi there!! After all the rain yesterday and overnight the sun was beaming today. I was hoping it would dry out a lot of the ground so I could garden tomorrow but it wasn't meant and it rained from 2pm to 5pm. Will have to see what the ground looks like in the morning but its not looking good.....

The one good thing about this week though is that I've had ample time to play around with some new goodies I got a few weeks ago. The coloured cardstock I use is cheap and not very sturdy but it does the job. I get my white cardstock from the same place. I can't afford to purchase any really good card, especially with postage but I recently had the chance to buy some at what I thought was a great price!!



Concord and 9th recently brought out some inks and co-ordinating cardstock. I do the majority of my craft shopping through Krafters Cart in Auckland and she had a bundle for $42 which had 2 A4 pieces of each colour. I decided to grab some and see what its like and I'm so glad I did. The colours are gorgeous and its lovely and thick. I also grabbed a new stamp set with matching dies and this is the first thing I made:



I'm gradually getting better with my slim card photography, seems to be better to do it during the day so maybe I need to get a better light box....

Using some Pinkfresh Studio Stitched Slim Line Dies, I die-cut some white CS with the largest one and then some black CS with a slightly smaller die. I also die-cut some hexagons from white CS with a die from the C9 'Hexagon Label' dies. I then gathered a piece of each colour of CS (I missed out navy, grey, black and brown) and die-cut the 'hi' from the same die set out of each one. I used Gina K Connect glue to adhere each one to the middle of a hexagon.

To add some interest I glued some of the hexagons straight to the black panel and the others on foam tape. I then adhered it to the larger white panel. I white heat embossed a sentiment from C9 'Everyday Bouquet Turnabout Set' and put it on two layers of foam tape. I finished off by adding some Studio Katia pearls and covering each 'hi' with Wink of Stella, and then gluing it to a white card base.

I've got a few more cards to share with you, with more ideas to come. I love stamping but I've always had an extra love for die-cutting. Its a bit more forgiving and you can use the dies in so many different ways. Hope my old Cuttlebug doesn't give up the ghost any time soon......

Take care
Shona


2 comments:

  1. Amazing way to do a repetitive sentiment. Super slimline card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card Shona - Love that you made it a slimline card.
    Up until recently I bought my cardstock from a local printer, but he has retired and the new business owners won't sell directly...
    I actually got into the garden today - first time in ages!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete