Sunday 23 August 2020

Funky Fossil Designs - Starfish Wishes

Hello there!! Was just about to take Max to buy a new bike helmet (he's growing out of EVERYTHING!!!) and just realised they closed at the time we were leaving....silly me for not checking...so I'm back in front of my computer to share another card with you.





We had the most beautiful Winter's day yesterday. It was over 20 degrees (celcius) and August is supposed to be the coldest month of the year. People were flocking to beaches all over the country and I took Bella for a beautiful long walk along the riverbank. We only have one beach for swimming where I live but it takes driving over a very steep, narrow road to get there. It got me thinking about Summer at the beach though and this card was perfect for that:


The beach I mentioned (called Whites Bay) has a lot of rocky pool areas. Phoebe, Max and I always love looking for crabs in them, along with starfish, snails and baby fish. Such good memories of doing this over the years, especially when they were little.

I stamped the images from 'Starfish Wishes' on white CS using Gina K Amalgam Black ink and colouring with Altenew Artist Markers. I fussy cut them all out and popped to the side.

Using a circle die from Couture Creations, I die-cut some white CS and blended over Distress Ink 'Salty Ocean'. I wanted to create some 'splashes' so stamped images from the 'Distressed Elements' stamp set using different shades of blue inks. The circle was put on some white foam on the card front. I created a bunch of star fish and shells in the corner, using Gina K Connect Glue and foam tape for dimension. I then added the white heat embossed sentiment and some pearls from Studio Katia.

I've got Jury Duty tomorrow so can't schedule any gardening for the week because I won't know whats happening. I'm looking forward to it but a bit worried about sitting for hours on end, as I tend to start nodding off because of my medications. Can't keep myself awake playing Candy Crush either, so will have to keep pinching my arms and legs. Wish me luck!!

Take care
Shona
 

1 comment:

  1. Please don't bruise yourself while you're waiting. Wouldn't want to incapacitate yourself. It might keep you from making cards this beautiful. Nice that memories can inspire you this nicely.

    ReplyDelete