Thursday 6 August 2020

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge #167

Hi everyone!! The weather this week has been just like Springtime, which does make it a month early but I'll take it!! Wandering around in a t-shirt, even in the evening is totally out of character for the coldest month of the year. No wonder plants are flowering that normally don't for a month or two, I'll have a tan before Summer at this rate!!





We have a phrase to inspire you for the current TIME OUT challenge. You could use one word, the whole sentence or maybe just a mood the phrase makes  you feel.....its totally up to you!!

Our Sponsor for this challenge is Topflight Stamps and they are giving a $25 gift voucher to the winner. So lucky!!




For my card I was grabbed by the word 'Dance' and found a stamp set in my stash that I've hardly used and can't understand why as its so cute:


I tried something new with my photo today. Saw this raffia placemat at The Warehouse the other day, and also these little pieces of wood. Thought I could lay my cards down for a change and see how it goes....

I started by stamping the images from Your Next Stamp 'Unicorns Rock' on white CS with Gina K Amalgam Black ink. I coloured them with my Altenew Artist Markers and cut out with the matching dies. I didn't want too much colour on the card front so the pastel colours on the images would stand out. So I die-cut a circle of white CS with a die from Couture Creations and gently blended Distress Ink 'Mermaid Lagoon' over 3/4's of it. I flicked over some water and dabbed with a tissue to add some interest.

I put the circle on some white foam on the card front, glued the rainbow in place and then put the other images on foam tape, along with the heat embossed sentiment. And to finish off I added my favourite pearls from Studio Katia and some Wink of Stella to the rainbow, radio speakers and unicorn horn.

I'm going to link this to the Your Next Stamp Challenge #144 where their theme is 'Summer Days'. In Summer the kids and I always have music blasting outside while we dance and play around on the trampoline. 



Will also join the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Use your favourite tool'. I got my Cuttlebug 7yrs ago and have loved it so much I can't believe it still works. Best tool ever!!


You have until Wednesday August 12th to link your projects to the TIME OUT challenge. And if your needing some ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our uber talented Guest Designer Ashwini of Experiments with card making etc have created for you. Can't wait to see your designs in the Gallery!

Take care
Shona
 

4 comments:

  1. It's a great phrase but took me a while to come up with something unique. I see you had no problem, though. Rockin' unicorns are magical and this one really does ROCK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such an adorable unicorn rocking away! Love the sparkle and the placement of the images. Fab background and I like the way you placed the card on that mat-I am just to lazy to do this-I see so many cards doing this and they do look fab but I just don't seem to get around to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dancing unicorn is adorable. Fun little scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This little unicorn is certainly doing a happy dance - adorable!

    ReplyDelete