Friday 30 November 2018

Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge #111

Its finally Friday night and normally I would be sitting down with my feet up watching Netflix but I'm trying to catch up on Christmas cards (still...) and I haven't organised the kids Advent Calenders for tomorrow, so have to do that as well. And the weekend is jammed packed with tennis, shopping, cleaning, gardening and more jobs than I can poke a stick at. I can't wait for my Christmas holiday!!!!!





The current Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge is all about 'Christmas/Holiday Creations'. I have so many cards that I've created and most of them have been made with the one stamp set, so I have MANY cards to link to this challenge!!

This set of cards show off the stamp image that immediately caught my eye when I saw this stamp set and I could instantly imagine it on my cards:


These cards are all made with the SSS and Gina K 'Stamptember' stamp set 'Joy of the Season' and I absolutely love it!!! As soon as I saw this tree stamp when they released the set I knew I had to get my hands on it and I'm so thankful for my wonderful friend Coni sending it to me!

My cards of late have been simple(ish), quick to make and easy to make more than one. I started off with these by stamping the trees using inks from Waffle Flower and Hero Arts and using the co-ordinating dies to cut them out.

To create the background I used Distress inks 'Picked Raspberry', 'Chipped Sapphire', 'Cracked Pistachio' and 'Salty Ocean' with water and a paint brush to flick all over the card fronts. I also flicked over some gold paint from Gansai Tambi which looks much better in real life.

Once the paint had dried I adhered the trees on top. I heat embossed the sentiment with Wow! 'Metallic Gold Sparkle' Embossing Glitter, fussy cut them out and popped them on foam tape, along with some gold sequins from Neat and Tangled. 

I'm also going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.




And will also link to The Cats Pajama's Tuesday Challenge #352 where their theme is 'Winter Holiday'.



I have 50 more cards to fill out for charity and better put the advent calendars together before I hit the sack......although the way I'm feeling I might pass out before they are finished. At least the kids are old enough to know how busy I am and that I will get them done before the end of day tomorrow. Why do I make things so hard and put so much pressure on myself??????? And did I mention I still have to put up the Christmas tree and decorate the house???? Help me........

Take care
Shona
 

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous cards Shona - and well done on making multiples.
    Get the kiddos to help with the tree - they are old enough! :-) You may be surprised at how well they do!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete