Wednesday 7 November 2018

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge

It has been so windy and hot today, which makes anything you do outside so much harder. I've got half a hedge down my bra as the wind blew the cuttings straight on me, I must have looked hilarious standing in a paddock trying to get leaves out from under my boobs!! It was supposed to rain all day tomorrow but its now saying maybe after lunch....kind of disappointed, really wanted a 'rainy day of card making' at home.





I've already entered the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge a few times this week but after fixing up this card I decided to enter it as well as the theme is 'Anything Goes'


One part of this card really frustrated me. I put it together and had it sitting on my desk and every time I looked at it I couldn't stand the way the colouring had gone with the bear. So I coloured it again.....and again....I'm still not happy but its much better than before. 

I started by stamping the images from Winnie and Walter 'Sweet Holiday with Evelin T Designs' on Strathmore Bristol Smooth CS with Gina K Amalgam ink. I then used my Altenew Artist Markers to colour them in and fussy cut out.

I used my mini-blending tool with Distress Oxide ink 'Tumbled Glass' to create the background on the card front and stamped the sentiment (from the same stamp set) with the Gina K Amalgam ink. I then popped the images up on foam tape, glued on some sequins from Neat and Tangled and used my white gel pen to add some falling snow.

I'm also going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge where their theme is 'Make your own Background'.

 

I better go and sort out dinner before the kids start eating their own arms!! Keep your fingers crossed for me that they got the weather report wrong and it pours with rain for the next 24 hrs....that would be awesome!!

Take care
Shona
 

4 comments:

  1. LOL...shona, you crack me up with your stories.
    This card is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't have missed that description of you cleaning out your bra for the world...been there, done that. Still laughing about that and your horror filled heart adds a comment about the kids eating their arms. My stomach hurts from allthis humor. Also, very glad I dropped by to see this darling card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card! I love the snowy background that you created to showcase those cute critters 😀. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a darling card, the critters are so cute. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete