Thursday 1 November 2018

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Oct New Release - Day 4

Wow this week has gone fast, I can't believe we are already up to Day 4 of the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps New Release!!





Today is all about dies and we have two different sets to share with you. First up is the 'Merry Christmas Fri-dies':


The font is so beautiful and swirly, and its big enough to be its own star on a Christmas card. Here's how I used it:


You knew I had to sneak in some rainbow colours somewhere!!! I started off by cutting a panel of dark grey CS and adhering to the card front. I then cut a panel of white CS that was slightly smaller. Using my Waffle Flower inks and my MISTI, I stamped the Partridge from the 'Partridge in a Pear Tree' stamp set across the card in pastel rainbow colours. Once I had finished I popped it up on a piece of white foam.

I die-cut the 'Merry Christmas' twice from white CS and once from gold glitter CS, glued them all together and then to the card front, along with some sequins from Neat and Tangled.

Next up we have the 'Happy Hanukkah Fri-dies':



These are a fantastic size too and I love that you have the choice to use 'hanukkah' or 'chanukah'. Here's what I came up with:

 
Yep, some more rainbow colours but they make me happy which is what this card is all about!!

I cut a panel of white CS the same size as the card front and die-cut the 'Bubble Box Fri-die' from it. I added foam tape to the back and put it aside. I then cut a panel of Strathmore Bristol Smooth CS and heat embossed stars from the 'Star of David' stamp set in gold. Using a mini-blending tool and Distress Oxide inks I blended different colours over each star to create a patchwork rainbow. This was adhered to the card front.

I die-cut the 'Happy Hanukkah' from white CS and glued it to the card and covered it with Glossy Accents. I then put the white frame on top with the foam tape and glued on some sequins from Neat and Tangled for a bit more shine!!




I really hope you like my 'rainbow' ideas for Christmas and Hanukkah cards. All of the New Release products are available to purchase right now, so have fun shopping. And to save yourself 15% use my special 'Girl Friday' code!!




Thanks so much for stopping by. Don't forget to pop over to the CFS Blog to see what the rest of the Girl Fridays have created with the new dies and I'll see you back here tomorrow with more holiday cards!!

Take care
Shona
 

2 comments:

  1. You're so darn clever. Using the partridge to build your background is so smart and soooo fun. And the aperture on your sparkly Hanukkah card is a brilliant move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous crds Shona - love the rainbows in them both :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete