Friday 16 November 2018

REMINDER: The Flower Challenge #26

November is running away from me as usual, feel as if I just did the blog post for The Flower Challenge this month and all of a sudden I'm doing the reminder!! The kids only have about 4 weeks of school left which means there is only about 6 weeks till Christmas which is frightening but its also exciting because I love Christmas and can't wait to put up my decorations!!





Our theme this month is 'A Special Occasion' so as long as you have a floral design, you can choose whatever special occasion you like!!

I made a Christmas card for my first card, so decided to create a birthday card this time, because what could be more special than celebrating another year of life:


I've been having trouble lately with taking my card photos and have been resorting to taking them outside (which makes them TOO bright) but today I found a new spot, so my photos will start looking much better!!

I started off by grabbing my MISTI, Versafine black ink and flowers from The Stamp Market 'Feeling Floral' and stamping them randomly on the card front. I only stamped them once each so they are a soft black.

I took the large flower image from that stamp set and stamped it a few times with the same Versafine black ink on Strathmore Bristol Smooth CS and heat embossed with clear powder. I then coloured it with Altenew Artist Markers. After fussy cutting out I popped it on the card front with foam tape.

I die-cut the 'LOVE' die (also from The Stamp Market) 3x from black CS, glued them all together and then to the card front. I then covered them with lots of Glossy Accents. Unfortunately I don't have a 'birthday' from The Stamp Market so used this one from MFT Stamps 'Birthday Bears', heat embossed it in white on black CS and put it on foam tape, along with sequins from Neat and Tangled.

You have until Sunday 25th November to link your projects to The Flower Challenge and if your needing any inspiration, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created for you. Can't wait to see your projects in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card Shona, and quite dramatic!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That is just gorgeous. Awesome coloring and the large flowere looks fabulous against the black and white background. The large sentiment sets it all off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the black and white and that bright pop of colour on your central flower Shona! Just perfect ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's an awesome birthday card, Shona! Love the whole design! The background stamping in down toned black makes the main flower really pop!

    ReplyDelete