Wednesday 28 November 2018

Altenew November 2018 Inspiration Challenge

Do you go thru stages with your card making of mainly stamping or die-cutting or using stencils?? I love die-cutting and creating fiddly cards but of late I've been gathering up my favourite ink pads and stamping till there's no tomorrow. Love my MISTI, its the best tool ever (apart from my Cuttlebug) and I don't know what I'd do if either of them broke!!





The colours for this months Altenew Inspiration Challenge are definitely traditional Christmas colours but not ones I use very often. I also don't have any Christmas stamps or dies from Altenew but as I'm in Christmas card mode I decided that if I use this colour combo, I could use any floral stamps for Christmas:
 

Luckily I had the exact colours of the challenge in my Altenew ink pad stash, so I grabbed 'Crimson', 'Velvet', 'Evergreen' and 'Forest Glades' and my MISTI to stamp out this design.

Using Altenew 'Vintage Flowers' I stamped across the card, turning it around and stamping the exact same way from the other direction. Made it alot quicker and easier to create the design. 

Once I was happy with it I used my Altenew 'Caps Bold Alphabet Dies' to die-cut 'Xmas' from the card front and also twice more from black CS. I glued the black ones together and into the die-cut areas and then glued the top layer slightly up and over to show the black. To finish off I added sentiments from Altenew 'Frosted Garden' and some sequins from Neat and Tangled.

Really happy with how this turned out, wish I had made some more at the same time!!

I'll be back tonight with some more Christmas cards to share with you. Unfortunately I don't think I'll get them all out in time for them to reach all my International friends but will be good to know they are on the way.

Take care
Shona
 

6 comments:

  1. How wonderful Shona, it's the perfect colour combo and super sweet design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This rocks the challenge colors, Shona, not to mention it's both pretty and fun!! ❤Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card Shona - the colours and stamping are perfect and the eclipse technique has worked perfectly on it. I too would be lost without my cuttlebug and MISTI
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. A-MAZ-ING! This ones a real WOW. Perfect stamping, perfect colors, perfect design. Just plain perfect. Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, those colors are perfectly perfect... and so is your lovely card! I just put the stamp on your envelope!! I've allowed time, but can only hope it's enough! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete