Thursday 29 November 2018

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge # 123

Hi everyone!! I'm popping in with a very quick post today to remind you all about our current challenge theme at TIME OUT!




Our theme is 'Black and White plus one colour - Optional Twist: One Layer'. This is one of my favourite challenges as black and white really makes that colour pop!!

Our Sponsor for this challenge is Happy Little Stampers who are giving a $20 gift voucher to the random winner chosen from those who 'twist'!! 


 
For my cards, as I'm totally immersed in Christmas card making, I decided to use one of my favourite Christmas stamp sets that my friend Coni sent to me. I've used it on so many cards it a wonder the stamps still work:



Lately when I make a card I've been trying to make more than one at a time, especially for Christmas cards. I'm so far behind with having enough and getting them out on time its driving me nuts!!

 
I started off by stamping the snowflakes from the Simon Says Stamp - Stamptember collab with Gina K Designs 'Joy of the Season' with Versafine black ink all over the card bases. I chose to use yellow and red for the 'one colour' as they stand out so much against a b/w background. I die-cut a circle of red and yellow CS with a Couture Creation circle die and popped it up on a piece of foam.



For the sentiment I used a smaller circle die (from the same die set) on some plain vellum and heat embossed the sentiment (from the same stamp set) in white. I added little dots of Gina K Connect Glue behind the words and pressed on to the coloured circles. To finish off I added sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I'm going to link these to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.



And will also link to The Cats Pajamas Tuesday Challenge #352 where their theme is 'Winter Holiday'.




You have until Wednesday December 5th to link your projects to the TIME OUT challenge and if your needing any ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our fabulous Guest Designer Joanna of Jo-Jo's Spot have created to inspire you. Look forward to seeing you all in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

7 comments:

  1. These are striking Shona-such a bold design.....ok how did you get the vellum on here with no glue showing???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love the bold, graphic design of these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning cards Shona - love the graphic look to these
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bold and striking, Shona ... with a great contemporary feel! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so pretty! I love the snowflakes stamped in black for a striking background. Nice pop of color too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both stunning Shona! Love the black snowflake background~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those glorious snowflakes and the pop of color over them. Great cards!

    ReplyDelete