Wednesday 7 November 2018

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - Girl Friday post #1 for November

Hi everyone, hope your week is going well so far. I'm up on the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog today with yet another card for my Christmas stash!!





After celebrating the new CFS Holiday Release last week, I'm still in the Christmas spirit. I came across this colour combo on the Simon Says Stamp Blog with Shari Carroll:




I couldn't get the navy/pink combo out of my mind (along with silver and white) and couldn't wait to try it with some snowflake dies:


I absolutely love navy but I never think to use it on my cards enough. Its a nice change from black and goes with so many other colours.

I started off by die-cutting the largest circle from the 'Ornament Tag Fri-dies' from some navy paint chips. I also die-cut the same circle from white foam and glued to the back. 

For the snowflake decorations I die-cut one from the 'Flurry Fri-dies' from white CS. I then used one from the 'Funky Flakes Fri-dies' on a dark pink paint chip. I then die-cut the smallest die (from the same 'Funky Flakes' set) from silver-glitter CS. I glued them all together and then to the front of the ornament. I also die-cut the hanging piece (also from the 'Ornament Tag' set) from silver-glitter CS, glued it to the ornament and tied a bow with silver twine. The ornament was then glued to the front of the card.

The sentiment (from 'Sleighride') was heat embossed in silver on a piece of white CS, adhered to the same navy paint chip, trimmed to make a frame and then popped up on foam tape. I also added some navy, pink and clear sequins from Neat and Tangled.


I'm also going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

 

I so hope I've given you a few ideas for your own cards and maybe a new colour combo to try!! If your thinking of doing any shopping at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps
don't forget to use my special code to save yourself some dollars!!




I'm so glad you popped in and I'll see you back here very soon with some more card designs!!

Take care
Shona
 

2 comments:

  1. Well, you've got the perfect color scheme for these gorgeous ornaments. Love the pink and blue but the silver really makes them festive and Christmas tree worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what fabulous work Shona, Love the navy and pink combination, that's stunning and so beautifully used.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete