Wednesday 28 November 2018

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge

Hi everybody!!  Its so nice to be back on my blog. Things have been very busy around here (and there is still so much to do between now and Christmas). I've been making Christmas cards like crazy for family, friends and for charity but haven't had time to share them with you all, so thought about time I did!!





The theme for this weeks Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge is 'Baby its cold outside'. Our weather drastically changed two weeks ago. We went from 26 degree celcius days (just delicious!!) to 11 degrees with rain for nearly two weeks. I managed to fit in a few days gardening last week between showers but today (Wednesday) is my third day at home. It's meant I've been able to get lots of cards made but I'm so behind with work, and with only a few weeks till Christmas I'm starting to freak out a little.......So at the moment it really is cold outside (and wet) so these cards are perfect:


The sun is so hard to catch at the moment and when I finally did, I just couldn't  stop my silver sentiment from being too bright, so I'm sorry you can't read it!!
It says 'All I Want for Christmas is you'. I love this Mama Elephant 'O Kitty Tree' image so much and happy to find another way to use it!

I started off by stamping the image on white CS and just coloured a few things with Altenew Artist Markers. I then fussy cut it out and added foam tape to the back. I blended Distress Oxide ink 'Tumbled Glass' on the card front and flicked it with water, dabbing some of the spots with a tissue. And for the first time ever I flicked some Gansai Tambi white paint with a small brush to give more of an effect of snow. Love it!!

I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment (also from Mama Elephant 'Puffy Holiday Greetings') with Ranger silver embossing powder, fussy cut it out and put on foam tape along with the kitties. And finished off with some clear and blue sequins from Neat and Tangled. 

I loved how this card turned out so much I decided to make another one:


This time I used 'Mermaid Lagoon' Distress Oxide ink for the background without flicking with white paint. And the sentiment was stamped with Mama Elephant 'Apple' pigment ink and immediately heat embossed with clear powder.

I'm also going to link these to The Cats Pajamas Challenge #352  where their theme is 'Winter Holiday'.


Time to hang the washing in the garage AGAIN and hope that the rain stops later on so I can put it outside. We even had the fire going on Monday night because it was so cold and to help dry the washing too, its like we've gone back in time to Winter. Maybe we will get a white Christmas after all!!!

Take care
Shona
 

1 comment:

  1. Nooooo - not a white Christmas!!! Love your cards Shona, and great use of the Kitty tree :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete