Monday 24 March 2014

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Glitter it

I know I've already entered a card in this challenge but this card was the one I had planned on making for it. I wanted to try a technique that I had seen Jennifer McGuire do in one of her tutorial videos.
I used double-sided tape and TRIED to get the stripes as straight as possible (so don't look too closely.....). I had some glitter from a company called Rosies. It was a 'glitter sample' pack that had 16 colours. The glitter is very fine and I think I've sent the kids to school and Dave to work with a lot of 'glitter bling' on their clothes.

When I had watched Jennifer, she poured the glitter on the tape and then rubbed the glitter into it with her finger. This worked really well. I did have trouble with getting all the glitter off the white parts of my card and wondered if one of those magic bags that people use for embossing would have worked to stop it sticking???

I really love it and it got the instant approval of Phoebe. Today she brought the card to me and said 'its so good, can I make her one?' That's got to be good!

Better link it up before I forget. Please have a look at the other cards at the SSS Wednesday Challenge, there sure are some talented people out there!

And I have just realised, I can link this card up to the Lawnscaping Challenge #78 which has the theme of 'Clean and Simple'. They will be getting sick of me entering this one!!

Take care
Shona
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, such glittery goodness, Shona ... love the colours you chose! Getting the glitter of the white card ... yep, I swipe the card with my magic bag before starting and it helps a lot ... although there's always a bit of un-glittering to do after! Bet Phoebe loved being glittery going to school!! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete