Thursday 20 March 2014

Online Card Class - CAS One Layer Cards - Day 5 & 6

Day 5 and 6 of the class covered bringing the 'Background into the Foreground', which looked amazing. It showed Iron Off Embossing and also a masking technique using sponge dabbers (used with distress inks) to apply the inks. The other technique was Graffiti Stamping. This looked really good and I had the products, so here it is:
The technique was to inlay a die-cut word and then stamp over top of it with different colours, sentiments and fonts. It was a little hard for me to do as I found it hard to stamp OVER something (felt very wrong....) but very happy with the results. 

I wasn't going to use any enamel dots but when I was using my black ink pad, I hadn't realised I had gotten it all over my fingers, so had lovely little smudges of black. 

Will have a look at Day 7 and 8 tonight but I have a feeling its mainly about copic colouring. It might give me a chance to make some challenge cards for Retro Sketches and CAS(E) this Sketch.

Phoebe arrives back at school at 2.30pm (which is in 1 hour and 20 mins....). Can't wait to see her. And I'm off to pick up my Mum now to take her to the train. She is off to Melbourne for 3 weeks to see her brothers and sisters. She hasn't been for a few years and hasn't seen them since Dad died last June, so will be wonderful for her. So I gain back my daughter but lose my Mum for a while.....eeek!

Take care
Shona

3 comments:

  1. Very cool and CAS, Shona ... love the delicate colour combo with the bold black enamel dots ... don't embellies come in handy for those inky 'accidents'! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...you totally rocked this card! A+ on your homework.

    ReplyDelete